ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

need price advice on a 110 ATC

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my 1984 110

Just brought her home....I'll clean the carb, change the oil and plug.............Hopefully she'll run. Wish me luck.

need price advice on a 110 ATC-110.jpg

need price advice on a 110 ATC-110-1.jpg

need price advice on a 110 ATC-110-2.jpg

Old 05-01-2010, 03:49 PM
2 strokes or 4

That's a good looking bike for 300 I say it starts on 3rd pull. Don't forget fresh gas.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Range Rover

Thats worth every bit of $300. I sold one just like it about 2 years ago for $400. You dont need a carb rebuild, just make sure it is clean and blow the jets out good. There is nothing to them. Make sure the air filter is clean. It'll run, they always do. If there is rust in the tank dont mess with all that tank liner stuff. Just buy a gallon of Evaporust ($20-ebay), fill the tank (off the bike), let it sit a day or so, rinse it out, let it dry all the way. Shiny like new. Those 110s look cool but steer like crap, even for a 3-wheeler.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by scary132
Thats worth every bit of $300. I sold one just like it about 2 years ago for $400. You dont need a carb rebuild, just make sure it is clean and blow the jets out good. There is nothing to them. Make sure the air filter is clean. It'll run, they always do. If there is rust in the tank dont mess with all that tank liner stuff. Just buy a gallon of Evaporust ($20-ebay), fill the tank (off the bike), let it sit a day or so, rinse it out, let it dry all the way. Shiny like new. Those 110s look cool but steer like crap, even for a 3-wheeler.
I just purchased a carb kit since the needle is in bad shape. Its not even the right size since the float is sitting too low. I should get the carb kit by tomorrow and I cant wait till to get her running. Hopefully no other issues.

The prevoius owner did coat the inside of the tank but there's come bubling going on some spots. Should I just ignore it or should I do something about it?

Old 05-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default She's finally running

Originally Posted by sdm111
That's a good looking bike for 300 I say it starts on 3rd pull. Don't forget fresh gas.
she's running now. You're were right, started right up after the 3rd or 4th pull. Shifts great and runs awesome. Hopefully stays running great for years to come.

Thank you all for all the help. You guys are awesome.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:43 PM
2 strokes or 4

Good to hear, ain't nothing like an old Honda 3 wheeler. About the tank lining, I haven't had any peel but it can't be good for the screens. At least if it ever get's starved for fuel you'll know what it is. What color is the lining? There's different chemicals for different brands of liner to dissolve them.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by sdm111
Good to hear, ain't nothing like an old Honda 3 wheeler. About the tank lining, I haven't had any peel but it can't be good for the screens. At least if it ever get's starved for fuel you'll know what it is. What color is the lining? There's different chemicals for different brands of liner to dissolve them.

Extremely happy to get this thing running. Can't wait to get to the trails or sand dunes. How does these things handle the sand?

What's the best way to see if the air and fuel mixture is at it's optimum level? Just need to make sure it's not running rich or lean.

The tank coating is white in color. I see in some spots that it's starting to bubble up. But it's not really that bad.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

As far as the tank i wouldn;t worry about it too much. Just check on it from time to time. As far as lean/rich setting easiest way is to pull the plug, check it should be paper bag brown, white is too lean, and black is too rich.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
2 strokes or 4
Wink

You can handle the sand the same way everything else, with alot of leaning basically after a little while on it you'll have it mastered as long as you don't ride above your skill at first cause if you do it will bite back, and don't ever put your feet down cause getting run over by your own bike ain't cool. As far as a lean or rich condition yeah there's a little tuning you can do but far the most part the type of bike it is you just get on it and ride. Monitor how the plug looks, if it blackens well you're too rich, if it turns a white ash color you're lean. It should stay a grey to brownish color. As far as the tank I would just leave it alone just pay attention to see if it get's real bad.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Which screw do I adjust to correct the mixture if needed? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: need price advice on a 110 ATC