ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

What to look for

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I go kickin tires for an 85-87 Big Red what are some of the things I should look for? Any particular problems these things were prone to? What else can I check? If I get a chance to ride this thing how should I test it to make sure its a goodon? Jessie told me to check the forks for signs of new welds and to check the clutches by backin off the throttle to see if the clutches hold it back. Anything else to look for ? Did these things have a soft spot? A particular ailment that I can check for? Did they have any particular weak points?

Thanks

Gary

Old 03-18-2001, 11:20 PM
bow
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember to check for good compression by turning the kill switch off the pushing the kick start down with your foot slowly to check. Also check for the air cleaner if it's missing don't buy the trike unless it has good comp. As with checking the forks check the frame for cracks and such other damage. Go through all the gears and make sure they shift okay. Also check the bearings buy grabing the grab bar and shaking the machine from side to side if it feels lose and sloppy the bearings are probably worn out. None of these are problems with the bike just the previous owners. LOL