ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Whats the biggest thing you've beatenonyour trike??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 11:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I would believe an 85-86 Water Cooled ATC 250R would beat a Banshee. By the way, Im looking for an 85-86, any available!!!

Old 06-14-2001, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

O.K. if you want a 250R then buy a cycletrader. Also check the newspaper and look around on the net, I have seen many. Anyway, I am surprised how long this post has been going on!! Oh yeah, do you guys like your Tecate-3's, I have never ridden one but how are they compared to the 85-86 250R? Are they as fast and have as much low-end?

Old 06-16-2001, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

You aren't the only one who was surprised that I beat a Banshee! I could hardly beleive it myself but it was close though, I can tell ya that! I got a question, is it possible to melt the piston to get better compression? My dad tried to tow an elk one time with it and I think it heated up really good. It smokes and fouls plugs unless ridden wfo but other than that it is an excellent ride! It has a very good top end hit for an old bike, I think it was the rider that made the difference honestly (the one on the banshee). ltracerx do you get to Sandlake often?

Old 06-19-2001, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

I have to post this one, even though the guy I smoked didn't know we were racing.
OK, so after a weekend of riding the ditches back and forth from a buddy's place, we decided once our clothes were dry, we didn't want the ride the water filled, muddy ditches back to the truck. So I told my buddy, MudStud, on his Sportsman 500 that I was taking the shoulder all the way back (about 6 miles). He agreed so off we went. Well, I'm being nice to him, and I'm doing about 40mph, and he FLIES by me on the road. So I drop her down to 4th, crack it, and start flying up to 5th and 6th. Soon enough, I blow right by him like he's standing there. So I decide to see what she's really got.
Crack her open, full throttle, 6th gear, right down the tar road. Pretty soon, I see this Dodge caravan ahead of me over the hill. By the time I hit the hill, he's only half as far away.....next hill, he's maybe 50 yards in front of me.
So I hold her pinned, and fly by him in the other lane (oncoming) doing about 80. I look over at the driver, and you've never seen a more dumbfounded look in your life. I can see him look at his speedo, then shake his head. Cya, I say to myself, and blow by him. Grinning for about an hour!!! Couldn't stop smiling.

Old 06-20-2001, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Never been to Sandlake. I was supposed to go when I had my CR250 but I didn't like bikes so I sold it and have not had a chance to go yet since I haven't got my new quad yet.

Old 06-20-2001, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

the reason a Trike will beat a Banshee is because they have the hook-up of a quad and better power-to-weight ratio like a dirtbike and Banshee's have sh!!ty-a$$ low-end power

Old 06-21-2001, 11:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

LTRacerX
I believe a 85-86 might beat a banshee, all depending on the rider of course, but TBASS was talking about a stock 81 Air Cooled ATC 250 R. I will repeat that there is no way an air cooled ATC 250R will beat a stock banshee. TBASS also said that the Banshee rider sucked, so... I will say that I have not been beat by any ATC's, Tecates, TriZ or whatever, but then agin, Im not stock... And no, Im not saying there arent some out there, I did not race any of the real badd **** trikes while at Glamis. I stay away from trikes with 14 inch swing arms!!!

RoostKing...

Old 06-21-2001, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the guy I raced is somebody I taught ow to ride a quad. I am not bragging, but I am very good. Probably the reason I beat him is the fact that I am a better rider and can shift alot faster than he can. ALSO, both of these machines are stock so modifications had nothing to do with it. BUT, we didn't have alot of room and since my uncles 250R does not have 6th I am pretty sure the Banshee has a faster top-speed. One question, did 86 ATC250R's have 6 gears? I am seeing ones for sale that say "speed"

Old 06-26-2001, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

So whats wrong with +13 swingarms, I need all the help I can to keep the frontend of my alky fueled cr500 3wheeler down when smokin them banshees up the hill.

Old 06-26-2001, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

tell ya what moisture can even up a playing field

in our first round of our TT series, our trike class had 4 bikes, on my 350x over 3 races, cam 2nd,2nd and 3rd.....beat 250r.....but i couldn't pass a 250r in front of me......actually couldn't catch him either

it was that slippery power was a dissadvantage.......wish i had a 200x.....!!!ya would have CLEANED UP no mater who ya raced!

getting the hole shot was what one the race!......i was just grabing 3rd gear.......giving her the herbs and dumping the clutch.......thats the quickest for me! works well!

hmmm..........gunna try and save up for a 81,82,83 250r towards the end of the year.......they are quick, but more importantly they are a CLASSIC.....worth keeping going.......might go back and get the tecate 3 too......if its still there

Quick Reply: Whats the biggest thing you've beatenonyour trike??