ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

84 honda 125m

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 honda 125m

How do I go about taking off the cylinder head on a 84 atc125m? the spark plug hole is stripped out and i'm going to be replacing it.I'm not really familiar with these motors, is there a timing chain i have to remove or something? anyone had any experience doing this, the cylinder head as never been removed how much of a pain is this going to be? thanks a lot.

in your opinion do you think it's even worth bothering to do?
it's a 84atc 125m thats basically a beater

-custom modifications include:
-engine with stripped out spark plug hole
-engine won't idle
-rear fenders cut off
-ignition hot wired
-ripped up seat cover
-engine never rebuilt, smokes a lot and spark plug needs replacing every 5 hours of riding time
-fuel petcock missing, U.S quarter JB-welded in place of petcock to hold the gas in but it still leaks gas
-front brakes barely work
-entire rear brake assembly missing
-Rear brake light missing
-grab bar missing
-battery box missing
-the exhaust system was cut off right before the muffler, so it's a straight pipe
-gas tank dented
-front light taped in but works
-Transmission slips out of gear a lot but still very rideable once you get used to it
-only 3 bolts holding the axle carrier in
-piece of copper piping used as a spacer for the axle bolts
-shifter lever bolt stripped out, using larger bolt crossthreaded into it, works good

I'm sure i'm forgetting a bunch of other ghetto-rigged things on it...

GOOD THINGS:
-3 brand new Chen Shing tires
-Brand new axle bearings
-Brand new chain

the atc was running before my friend stripped the spark plug hole, the atc would run for hours straight the way it was like this...and after cutting the muffler off it actually gained 10mph and was able to pop wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear....top speed is around 40mph, so if i swapped in another cylinder head it would run, and be able to ride it again, or should i just not bother if it's a big job swapping it in?
thanks for your imput, oh yeah if you'd like to buy the atc, make me an offer....must be ABOVE $5 haha.

Old 01-31-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 honda 125m

I have one, they are good little bikes but with the problems you mentioned I think it is best to just get rid of it.

Mine what in much better shape than you describe when I got it and I have already sunk $600 + plus countless hours. Could have bought a used blaster for the wife instead with the money I spend on this thing. Parts for that bike are expensive, example: main jets $7.95 each!