ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
well that is why ou have a winch...have had to use mine in so. OHIO a few times...mud over the tires and into the cab. That is how the radiator got packed with mud!

Old 03-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

is it true, you need to connect your smart phone to the 61 LM-R ? just found this

you ain't gettin' no free traffic unless you connect this expensive thing to your expensive smart phone.REPLY

Old 03-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

Finally got the Jerry gas can, took over a mo, but free shipping....but slow boat! finally warming up, but w/ wind/rain giving a w/c feeling much like, same ol same ol!! ITS FINALLY COMING! BUT WHEN????? On my little pocket calendar's I use it as a daily planner/diary/reminder/important history dates etc, and left a note from last year, on next mo/April's page. and I wrote all the way across the page, reminding myself, not to expect warmer weather until then! APRIL!....some time.

CALLING ALL TRAIL RIDING FELLOWS/DUDES/ANYONE! lol
Trying to get enough trail time in this year, once it ever gets here, hoping to get back out a couple times a mo. before the hot unbearable temps, put a stopper on the bottle, once again, which can be almost as miserable as these winter months are! Then after starting back up again, until maybe mid Nov! Only leaving a few good mo's to ride! I know there's very few guys that enjoy, or have the free time, for that much riding time, but I hope I can find enough friends, ol buddies, family, new found friends, so as not to ride/camp aloooone, don't enjoy that, and not safe!! So I really appreciate those of my family, friends that plan a few days up this season, yet there's still many times/dates to fill, needing a riding buddy, to join me when others are busy with other more important matters! So come help me, and yourself so we don't have to ride by ourselves, and join in for a few days....or more, I'm fine with MORE! lol So get with me....AND LETS RIDE!! Always a great time, never a dull moment, I promise! The trails are a howling!! lol

Old 03-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

New gps arrived a day early, that thing has more bells and whistles than I could ever use. If you want to take advantage of all the flashy stuff you do need a smart phone, but for me I just wanted the bigger viewing screen. Besides, no matter how smart the phone is, it still has a dummy for an operator. Let it set overnite to charge the battery as recomended so today will start playing and see how it works. Screen is a full 2" bigger than the little nuvi model so I should be able to see it better. Now then... I wonder if I can do my taxes on that thing?

Old 03-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

I started to order one myself, until I read where it might need a smart phone to sink it with, and since I don't need a cel phone like that, with the desktop, that I set in front of daily!! I would never use it, or expence, plus when getting up north, the kids on there smart phones, loose signal all the time, and have to hang around bath house allllllll day long! trying to catch their signal! while my ol' flip phone rarely looses signal lol

Old 03-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Smart phone is only needed for traffic and weather updates and you can use city caneras to view traffic flow. I dont need any of that stuff, just the gps part with restaurants, gas stops etc. No phone needed for normal gps function! The model 61 has a bigger screen than a model 60 along with the crap I will never use....just wanted that bigger screen!

Old 03-09-2019, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

the 61 is 7'' right. let me know how you plan on mounting it. couldn't find out where it was meant for off road.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

No the 61 is a full 6" screen when measured diagonally like a tv set. The model 60 is actually a 5" screen. Have it plugged in getting all the latest map updates whick takes 1.5 hrs. The sd card from the nuvi will need to be updated for this unit. VVmap will do that for me, they are great people! Did wander around the yard to make sure it worked before proceeding with the other stuff. Now I will have 2 units in case a backup is needed. Just have to remember to bring a magnifying glass if I have to go back to the small unit. Seems to work just like the small unit for normall gps use. Wont even bother trying to figure out that fancy stuff that I will never use anyway.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

There is an offroad program in the unit but with the sd card from vvmaps all you do is turn off city maps and turn on sd card and you have offroad and all the michigan trails. Turnoff vvmap and turnon city maps to go back to regular road gps.. will be using my ram ball mount to hold it, just not sure of the best location just yet. Going to set it up so the gps and my phone can be used together in case I would need the Polaris Ride Command on my phone. Not expecting to need it but just in case.

Old 03-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Is the screen big enough so I can see it, following behind you....that way i won't need to buy one, save a buck for two, we'll call it, 2- 4 -1 special, two of us using one device...buddy plan, you understand lol Or we could take turns ....I go first!!! lol
My helmet head sets just came w/ 2 pin plug as ordered....but there's 2 types, one for mic, for voice actuate, another one for push to talk. there not interchangeable! So just my luck, here lately, I got the wrong one lol I just ordered the one for mic unit, learn something new everyday lol That explains why they were so inexpensive.

Quick Reply: best ATV helmet two-way radio, long range, walk'e talk'es