ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Where Was Everybody For Chowchilla?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 09:36 PM
WP
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Was Everybody For Chowchilla?

The TT race was fun as hell. This was my first real TT and it went pretty well. I holeshot and won the 4-Stroke heat and holeshot the Open heat with a second place finish (I was passed by a very fast Banshee). In the 4-Stroke main I was taken out in the start by a guy that wheelied then had to play catch-up. I was pressing too hard and spunout, killing the bike. I pulled over and went to the Open main. I holeshot the Open main and lead every lap and took home the $500 first prize and set the fastest lap times for the night. Keep in mind this was done on a bike I have ridden two times and I did not have a swaybar! Wayne @ PEP gave me different springs to keep the frontend stiff and it worked like a dream. We have to get a series going with this stuff.

Old 10-27-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Good f*cken job! It's about time you win some money. I told you that you were a much better TT rider than MX. How was the Track? Was it an oval? I hope you don't give up MX and chase TT money. WP, that's great to hear. Sucks about the 4-stroke main. So would you have done faster times on the Z or is the yamaha just that fast?

Old 10-28-2003, 12:44 AM
WP
Pro Rider

I am definitly going to try some more money races. The race kicked a$$. On the big straight I was hitting fifth gear pinned and I would hit the rev limitter and the end of it. It took everything the bike had on stock gearing.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thats grat WP wish i coulda made it i woulda been in the 4-stroke class aswell.