ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

My race report of WORCS race in Milford Calf.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My race report of WORCS race in Milford Calf.

I have a ton of good pics and Ill link you to them at the end of my report. If anyone has anything else to ad dto this PLEASE DO! Tina ............. just got back from California late last night and have a race report for you all........ Ill start out the report by just saying WOW!!!......... what a race!!!!!!! rolled into Cali late Fri night we were one of the first riders there.(about 2-3 others) We wathced the bikes race on Sat and to register and walk the track.. What a track! its was a combo of Motorcross/trails/woods .The woods terrain was VERY strategic and not too good for the quads with wide a-arms. They Have a HUGe hillshoot but due to a C Class they re-routed the track for all classes..In total we had a group of 11 from Idaho who went, all class riders and I have to say, Im VERY proud of them all for such a great race and NO major injureis to report, other than Troy broke his ribs AGAINaround the 70 degree mark. This race was a 45 minute race and one lap. In total 64 riders and 47 finished. I was fortunate to sit and talk with Katie Duncan for a bit, for those who havent met her, she is a heck of a nice girl and one awesome rider! We exchanged phone numbers and are going to hook up in the future for a ride in Idaho..Also, a few reps from HPD met up with Troy wanting his racing info and mods ectThere was an array of quads, all but maybe the DS and the V-force. Doug Eichner rode the KFX amt. of damage to there quads in the woods section. This was VERY rockey and alot of riders did not take a skid plate and paid dearly for it. This is one reason I did not race, also Troy forgot his tether so he used mine....It got prety nutty in the woods, a few roll overs, alot of bumpin and Troy took a direct hit the the ribs with his handlebars,this slowed him down abit, he had a 4th overall for a bit until he took the jab and slowed him down abit. Duncan guys helped him get situated a bit ,I was worried abit when he had trouble breathing but he refused to stop and finished with a good placing. That Predator ran sooooo sweet!!! We had Two Pro Class with us that didnt finish whp lost ther chain and broke and A-Arm in the woods section and one guy on KFX who flipped his..It was intense out ther for sure pic of all our groups quads after the race... I wish I had more pics , but this gives you an Idea about all us on the West Coast! Here are the placings for our group, www.Worcsracing.com still doesnt have the pics of the race up,but when they do, Ill try and add them to the report Troy(predator) 4th place B class 24th overall
Exrider Nate(426ex) took 6th place B class 31st overall
Craig(black Raptor) took 1st place in the B class
Todd(YZ coversion)took 3rd in B class 19th overall
Exrider YamahaFreak (Blue Raptor) took 7th in B class Im unsure of his overall but its someone in the 30's
Dave (KFX) didint finish race, he had a roll over
Lance (CRF450ex) took 8th in the Pro Class 10th overall
Daryl in Pro class was unable to finish race due to a broken A-Arm in the woods section
Nate(Daryl's Brother ) was also unable to finish race due to broken chain
Pat(440ex) placed 9th in Pro Class 11th overall

Old 10-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

heres the links to the pics enjoy.........http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288746867 TIna .........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Great pics and report, Tina! Glad to hear you had a good time.
My husband and I know Katie Duncan also and race with her quite a bit. She is a very cool person and probably the best female rider I have seen so far.
I wish we could have made it down there, it sounds like it was really awesome!
~Lisa

Old 10-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

great report, sounds like you all had a great time. 47 finishers out of 64 is about a 1 in 4 attrition rate... that's hard core!

i'd like to run a few of the WORCS races next year, I'll make the rounds at washougal & goldendale & if i can find some ppl to ride/split costs with, i'll definitely hit more.... i rode the track at goldendale recently, it's not got any harsh woods section & almost no rocks, wide quads will do great.

Old 10-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey dual-sporter,
I think LokiDS650 and I are going to go to at least one of these. You would be more than welcome to ride with us. We have plenty of room. You might want to PM Loki to get some specifics.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the report.
My son and I did make it out to watch and had a great time.
If they have that race next year I will be in it for sure.

The woods/creekbottom section was pretty neat.
I posted a few pics in my gallery.
Think I got some of the stuff you listed.

Hope we can meet next time.
Best wishes
Don

Old 10-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

That was some rough terrain![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was very happy with our group of riders ,most of them placed in the B class 1st- 7th and two Pro Class as well. Ill have to go and check out your pics...............TINA

Old 10-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

I believe that pic of the Quad with Broken A-Arm is Dayrl. He was with our group of riders from Idaho. He is one fast riden ****,lol.. sucks he didnt get far in this race..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Oh..... The Quad flipped over.....Is that a KFX? hehe this os one of our other guysfrom Idaho. in the C Class I think. He did not complete the race unfortunalty if it is..

Old 10-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: raptorchick

My husband and I know Katie Duncan also and race with her quite a bit. She is a very cool person and probably the best female rider I have seen so far.

I agree, when she came out to ITP (Glen Helen) she looked very good. Katie is not scared to jump. I take my hat off to her. I can't wait to she her ride again. maybe she will come out for the GNC @ Glen Helen.