ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Desert Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desert Racing

Hi,
I live in fresno california where their is absolutly no desert terrien, what kind of practice does it take and how many hours of desert riding to beable to do about a 100mile race? How do you know where to go and stay on the course? What would the best quad for the desert be? Are king shocks better than any other shocks for desert riding? Thanks

Old 03-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Desert Racing

Originally posted by: Yamaharacer
Hi,
I live in fresno california where their is absolutly no desert terrien, what kind of practice does it take and how many hours of desert riding to beable to do about a 100mile race? How do you know where to go and stay on the course? What would the best quad for the desert be? Are king shocks better than any other shocks for desert riding? Thanks
Desert racing is a blast. The only practice you would need is endurance. The constant pounding on your body will wear you down fairly quickly(as it does me). The races we do in District 37 range from 35-45 miles, so being able to withstand the jarring from rocks, knarly uphills and downhills, and rough terrain is a big plus. Each course is laid out by the hosting club and is marked with pink ribbon tied to bushes and other objects far enough apart to where when your passing one ribbon, you can see the next ribbon ahead.

I race a Raptor, but there is a wide variety of quads that race desert. 250R's, YFZ450's, Warriors, Blasters, Bomb 650's. And for shocks..I run Works Performance, but again guys and gals run a huge variety of shocks. The biggest downside to racing desert is not having enough ground clearance. Skid plates and Holeshot XCT's are top billing as far as helping with clearance and keeping the belly and suspension damage to a minimum. Any more questions?? Let me hear 'em..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Desert Racing

[

Old 03-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Desert Racing

Have you ever heard of or raced in mojave? Thats probally the closest to me and i dont want to travel that far. How long will it take to finish 40 miles and how many times do you pit? What are the clases like? Is thier a beginer class?What are the entry fee prices like?
Any other info you have i would appreciate it, it would be great if you could email me at sandaddiction@aol.com

http://www.mdrracing.com/index.html

This says barstow, i dont know if their are any closer

I also heard about some desert racing in or above sacrament.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Desert Racing

the racing in sacramento is www.vorra.com

Old 03-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Desert Racing

I will E-mail you with more information and websites....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]