ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

how to get into atv racing???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get into atv racing???

I have been rebuilding and riding atvs for quite awhile and was wondering if somebody could tell me how exactly i get into races and if you have any tips or hints for me i wold be very thankfull[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

first you find the races, a good place to start is the ATVA or local shops somtimes have info about races.

what kind of races do you want to go to or participate in? (moto-X, cross country, flat track, drags, hill climbs... there's all sorts, pick your flavor)
where are you? maybe we can find someone local to you that knows what's happening near you... or knows who to get in touch with

gear & quad: some of this may depend on your budget, but it definitely depends on the type of racing you want to do..
gear... helmet, goggles, & boots are required everywhere, i suggest a chest protector too...
quad setup depends on thy type of racing & your budget, generally a tether kill switch is mandatory, nerfs are required for some. try to call the organization putting on an event to ask about thier requirements.
the most important piece of safety equipment is already on you- use your head & don't get into something your not ready for, riding above your abilities is the most common way to get hurt. know your quad well, & know your abilities with it... set realistic goals & don't expect to win(but try your best), remember to have fun... that's what it's all about.

Old 06-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

thnx.i live up in wisconsin and like drag racing alot.i live just outside of marshfield,wood co..im not so sure if theres an atv shop around here.havnt checked into it that much.i usually get my atv stuff from my freind norm.if theres a place around here where i can get started hell most likely know it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]as for gear i have a few nice helmets,boots i can get,and i have goggles.I think as far as an atv i might be using the one im getting within a month.I am still not sure the exact type but my freeinds is gettin it for me from madison.its some foreign type that not many have and he said he cant pronounce it so hes goin to give me some papers on it.once i find out a little more bout it ill post ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm part of AMA, but I havent raced for a good 8 years, since I had my badger, lt80, and trx90....

Now I'm too young, for the rappy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]