ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Would you trade a quadracer for a banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you trade a quadracer for a banshee

You would be paying the cost of your bike 300, plus the "modifications" ~500, plus another 500 cash for the trade. Still that is an 02 banshee for 1300 dollars. that is an awesome deal. but your also in the same deal letting your 250 go for 800 which is not a good deal. Still pretty close to a fair trade. Ride his banshee and if you like it get it. If your like me and don't like the fell don't...simple enough.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go for the Shee man, just for the fact that it is MUCH newer and this being the last year for them. As long as it is in descent shape, go for it.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Trailblazer

got the banshee..i'm loving it. I do miss the quadracer but it wasn't a full floater...I cracked the frame right in the middle of the bike on a double then I took the banshee on it and man what a difference.I ended up selling the quadracer for $1,100 and I got the shee for cheapo. I put some parts on it but I need to work on the low end so I can have all around power.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats man, get some pics up when you can!

It's hard to get good low-end out of a Banshee.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

i see you decided to get the banshee, you could always find someone to trade you for a late 80's honda 250R 4trax.. i guess those handled the best for MX

Old 11-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

getting bottom end out of a banshee will be tough. i rode one with the 2 in 1 setup,torque pipes, boost bottle,higher compression and all,but it still lacked bottom end power.but ....it ripped once the lightswitch powerband kicked in!!at the time i was running a tecate 4,and we traded bikes for a while.i could not wait ti get back on my bike,and he really liked the tecate power also. it seemed to take forever for the HIT.the banshee would probably take the tecate4 in a drag ,but not by much. i like smooth usable power. i dont race but you have to check into what you can run in the quad class. my self ...i would run my r if i could,then a 450r,yfz,new suzuki and so on. i dont know how a banshee would work in a mx situation though. good luck

Old 11-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

congrats on the banshee. Like i said before it is harder to ride a banshee right expecially through a mx track. Another note what ever happened to the tecate 4? They were fast reminded me alot of the LT250r but uglier and possibly alittle faster. Did the lack of after market kill it?

Old 11-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

the one i had only reeds,stock everything.one tooth down on front sprocket. i really liked it ...trouble free for 3 years. 195 lbs compression . definately faster than a lt. stock. ugly....i liked the look!! looked like a wasp from the front!! there isnt much aftermarket for them at all...what a shame. straight line.... mean acceleration,turning ... ok. i want a modded lt500 in addidtion to the ones i got....brrrraaaaahhhp![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

Hey people thanks for the input...I took the shee to the track and cleared doubles but man talk about working the bike to get into the power band and taking the jumps and actually clearing it...it was a job. I am thinking about putting pipes, jetting it, intake, drop the rear sprocket a few teeth and maybe porting it...I just need some kind of low end. I am considering getting a 450 either the new suzuki or get a friends worked up yamaha with little riding time on it. I like the power of the shee and all but for me to keep up with the other 2 guys on the track out of the 8 I can beat I think I am going to do something to tame out the power band. Any suggestions?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Get a set of Toomey's Exhaust, V-force Reeds,and Remove your airbox That will Help alot. I Ride my shee on MX Tracks (I don't Race) and Have no Trouble. The Stock Suspension is a little Rough though.I mainly Ride Cross Country Trails and all the guys that Ride with me Can't keep up.

Quick Reply: Would you trade a quadracer for a banshee