ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

gonna ice race

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gonna ice race

well im thinking about getting into ice racing with my ds, i would be in the least experienced class and would probably run rubber for this year, maybe next year go studded. what should i do, do u think i need to lower it? and what tires would work best in rubber class?

Old 01-23-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gonna ice race

it all depends on yopu local track, look at what the "pro" quads are running, here in colorado we are running hoosier H blocks when it is real cold like today when it gets warmer/sloppy then most people are either running hoosier tri-tracks or turf tammers, all of this is done with hoosier "quad fronts." If and when i do race the ice make sure to cype/cut-up the tires to make more little "fingers" grab the ice. I am running in studded and bare and i have to say that the studs are more fun but the cold ice makes driving bare alot more challenging. You have to have your quad as low as it can physicaly be, to lower the center of gravity, when you get into studs rember to have/get anti-sway bar. And oppisit of what makes any sence in bare the least hp the better. i have a raptor and i just did the motor and i have absolutly no grip in bare class, but studded is all about the power. In a few days i will have some picts of my ice racing. also if you want to ckeck it out our club is at www.harrys-roamers-mc.org they have some picts but they are kinda old, there is a guy in the points that runs only ds-650's and he has two seperate quads for sudded and bare, the red studded one has motor and other mods and the yellow one is totaly stock except for lowered and tires/wheels. ok i have talked to long about this.