ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

should i quit

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i quit

hey hopefully if any one postes anything on my thread maby u can post some go to i took a lik'in and kept on tik'in

Old 08-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default should i quit

Sounds to me like you've already talked yourself out of racing. A true racer would have been asking things like "where can I get this or that part at for a good price?" or "I've just eaten crap but will be back on the saddle soon".

Your first mistake was trying to ride on roads with cars/trucks also driving. No matter if it was your dad or not. That tells me you're wern't paying attention. On a track you will sometimes have 15 other quads all within inches of each other on a sweeper doing 40+. Staying under control and riding within your means isn't just for your safety but for the safty of others as well. Imagine how your dad felt seeing you coming at him that fast then hearing his kid smack his truck. How would you feel if you would have caused him to go down a revene or smack a tree himself to avoid hitting you.... that would have made it much worst. I'm just glad to hear that you're somewhat ok.

I believe I told you in June when you first asked about hitting your parents up to race that to convince them you first need to show them you're responcible enough to race. Just because you can fly down a road doing a wheelie doesn't mean you are ready to race.

I'm not going to rag on you more because you've already been through enough from what it sounds like. I'd start with showing your parents that you ARE responcible by doing good in school first and formost. Secondly, I show some effort to your folks about trying to do what you can to help pay for the repairs to both the truck(if any) and your quad. Keep in mind that you're going to have to work your **** off because when your pop sees you on the quad I know he'll be thinking of the sound of you smackin his truck. It's no fun. From personal experience, both of my boys 15 & 10, have wrecked pretty bad, both on and off the track. My oldest recently chipped #2, 3, & 4 lower vertebrae on his back Fathers day weekend because he took the wrong line down a 25 foot sand dune (pismo). But you ride, crash, and learn from your mistakes. Hopefully you have too.

You've got your work cut out for you now kiddo.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default should i quit

Originally posted by: s9195
Sounds to me like you've already talked yourself out of racing. A true racer would have been asking things like "where can I get this or that part at for a good price?" or "I've just eaten crap but will be back on the saddle soon".

Your first mistake was trying to ride on roads with cars/trucks also driving. No matter if it was your dad or not. That tells me you're wern't paying attention. On a track you will sometimes have 15 other quads all within inches of each other on a sweeper doing 40+. Staying under control and riding within your means isn't just for your safety but for the safty of others as well. Imagine how your dad felt seeing you coming at him that fast then hearing his kid smack his truck. How would you feel if you would have caused him to go down a revene or smack a tree himself to avoid hitting you.... that would have made it much worst. I'm just glad to hear that you're somewhat ok.

I believe I told you in June when you first asked about hitting your parents up to race that to convince them you first need to show them you're responcible enough to race. Just because you can fly down a road doing a wheelie doesn't mean you are ready to race.

I'm not going to rag on you more because you've already been through enough from what it sounds like. I'd start with showing your parents that you ARE responcible by doing good in school first and formost. Secondly, I show some effort to your folks about trying to do what you can to help pay for the repairs to both the truck(if any) and your quad. Keep in mind that you're going to have to work your **** off because when your pop sees you on the quad I know he'll be thinking of the sound of you smackin his truck. It's no fun. From personal experience, both of my boys 15 & 10, have wrecked pretty bad, both on and off the track. My oldest recently chipped #2, 3, & 4 lower vertebrae on his back Fathers day weekend because he took the wrong line down a 25 foot sand dune (pismo). But you ride, crash, and learn from your mistakes. Hopefully you have too.

You've got your work cut out for you now kiddo.

Dr. Phil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default should i quit

Looks like you need to focus on not getting yourself in over your head while riding...ie not riding above your skill level and watching whats going on around yourself. While you have time off from the wheeling I advise staying out of the restroom so much and hitting the english books HARD.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts
Default should i quit

Originally posted by: garyc660R While you have time off from the wheeling I advise hitting the english books HARD.
Maybe you should rephrase that. STUDYING the english books HARD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default should i quit

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Originally posted by: garyc660R While you have time off from the wheeling I advise hitting the english books HARD.
Maybe you should rephrase that. STUDYING the english books HARD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Good catch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 08-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default should i quit

Go on ebay, buy a old tecate-3 and just go f***** crazy, &^%$ iv wanted to just quit riding but i havent iv hit trees, rolled, flipped, and had a big red land on me but you know what just buck up and go *&^%in crazy.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Range Rover
Default should i quit

Originally posted by: smokep0t
Go on ebay, buy a old tecate-3 and just go f***** crazy, &^%$ iv wanted to just quit riding but i havent iv hit trees, rolled, flipped, and had a big red land on me but you know what just buck up and go *&^%in crazy.
This is your brain on drugs. Any questions? Listen countryboy, you had a bad wreck. And if you get back on and ride for long enough, odds are your going to have another one someday down the road. If you love to ride then the best thing for you to do is get back on as soon as you can. If you don't, odds are you never will. Is the pain your in right now bad enough to never do something that you love for the rest of your life? Start out slow, get used to the feel of it. Go back to your basics. You say you've been riding for 10 years. Well, you're mind doesnt process things at a younger age the same as it does now. You need to re-learn what makes you love to ride. And ride in safe areas, and go a little slower around blind corners. Like it or not, you did this to yourself with a bad judgement call. Learn from your mistake, and become a better rider because of it. Also prove to your parents that you've learned something and your more responsible because of it. I'm sure their worried sick about you.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default should i quit

ya dude dont quit riding. a vine grabed my handlebars at 40+ and threw my down a gravle trail.
slid for about 80 feet. i got back an road for the rest of the day. till i compleatly totalted the quad LOL

like the other guys say, if you realy love riding. there isent much that will stop you.

that's why they have them "NO FEAR" stickers!

Fred

PS: even i noticed your english problem. so yeah try studying on yout time off lol

Old 08-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default should i quit

I had a pretty painful crash at our local 1/8th mile dragstrip about a month ago.I'm going to get it going again this coming week.Hope to have it out racing again labor day weekend.

Sure,that wreck will be in the back of my mind.I'm actually a little nervous about it.If I quit racing,I want it to be because I've lost interest and not because I'm scared.I'll start out slow.If it makes me uncomfortable,then I'll have a decision to make.

Man,if your that scared,and you don't want to race then don't.
If you enjoy quads like the rest of us,just go riding.
Make sure to always wear a helmet.I strongly suggest a chest protector.
I'm not giving up riding nor racing but that's my decision,but I do have a wife and daughter to think of.I figure if I crash again,then I may give up racing too.
Well,I might have to buy me a car to race.LOL!I'm addicted.

Quick Reply: should i quit