ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Desert Racing in Ca ... question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desert Racing in Ca ... question

Is there a width limit for racing AMA district 37? i read somewhere, something about 50 inches.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

The width of the ATV will be considered legal provided that the wheels do not lift the spreader bar off the ground with the ATV in normal ride height, as the ATV is ridden between the 50 inch wide spreader bar.

What does this mean?

A yfz is 46.1 inches wide stock ... With +2 in arms it makes 50.1 inches .... is this ok?

Old 12-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Trailblazer

Hey beerrun....

WOW...I wish I could have read this back in October!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I currently race District 37. There isn't a limit on how wide the quad can be, but a good rule-of-thumb as a rider is to keep it at or under 50".

...The rules DO state, however, that for a D-37 Club that is hosting a race, the course terrain has to be 50" wide. Therefore, the reason you don't wanna go any wider than 50".....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BTW...Thanks for running Rovers MC's Big Dawg Enduro...I was working Check C on the first loop and watched everyone come through....2nd Place is a great finish for your first Enduro....good job!!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

I had no idea this was Beerrun Derooster....

I'm not answering any more of your questions until you stop spanking me during the races....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hopefully see you out at 4 Aces National this weekend....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2007, 01:28 PM
TPR
The Champ

Originally posted by: beerrun
The width of the ATV will be considered legal provided that the wheels do not lift the spreader bar off the ground with the ATV in normal ride height, as the ATV is ridden between the 50 inch wide spreader bar.

What does this mean?

A yfz is 46.1 inches wide stock ... With +2 in arms it makes 50.1 inches .... is this ok?
You should be fine. Most YFZ's that race desert use +2's. Just make sure for TECH that your tires are aired to the max to avoid too much bulge and you should slip right through. I have never heard of a deial on a YFZ though I know in desert racing they arent as popular as the TRX 450.

I know we used to run more offset on the rims to allow for wider a-arms, that would also improve steering since we would place the pivot point of the steering closer to the center of the tire. The DS we would run had custom wheels with an offset so pushed out the beadlocks sat flush with the wheel center. Then we could run +1.5 on a DS that was already 49" wide.

TPR

TPR