ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

What is the fastest stock sport quad

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the fastest stock sport quad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>if you look at almost every fourstroke king of the hill comp a raptor 700 wins almost every time. the only thing that will give them a run for there money is like a 450 big bore on alky or streetbike motor quads. the last four strokes war at glamis was won by a big bore raptor 700. he beat a busa powered quad. i also dont now 2 meny other fourstrokes that can make 80hp and almost 60tq on a stock bore and stock stroke.</end quote></div>

Don't forget the DS Bro, still the fastest single cyl. four stroke on the planet. And in 05' 06' and 07' there were a few DS King's of the Hill. The current KOTH is a raptor and the previous was a TRX501. I agree that raptors are awesome though I would have one for sure, and for the money it's by far the best all around quad out there.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I know this bike is propelled by a JATO rocket but non the less still the record holder!

As far as stock goes read this.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMII know this bike is propelled by a JATO rocket but non the less still the record </end quote></div>

I'm pretty sure that rocket takes it out of the single cylinder four stroke category. But it was a nice attempt. Also I was referring to drag racing.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LT80

A guy installed the HRC kit on his TRX450 and said it isn't fast enough. I explained that I knew how to make it faster,,,,I could get my daughter to ride it..[img][/img] [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Now that would be funny. Does he know who your daughter is? If he didn't, I'd almost pay money to see his jaw drop when she took off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

It's not a attempt because it is the record holder for top speed. Like it or not its is what it is.

Please dont take this the wrong way as I am just trying to get some facts/#'s Could you please show me some facts to backup you statement about the DS, beause as of right know I am with bigned1904 on the Raptor being king of the hill!

Old 05-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Check this out!
Some Vids of the Slaughter

And here's the results of KOTH for the last 2 1/2 years

Here you go!

2006 Glamis KOTH - Glenn Mcgee, DS 650

2006 Pismo KOTH - Darrin Dutra, TRX

2007 Dumont Race #1 KOTH - Glenn Mcgee, DS 650

2007 Dumont Race #2 KOTH - Bruce Lefevre, YFZ

2008 Dumont Race #1 KOTH - Matthew Sasselli, 660 Raptor

2008 Glamis Race #2 KOTH - Brett Scheerer, 700 Raptor

2008 Dumont Race #3 KOTH - Monte Merrill, TRX

2008 Glamis Race #4 KOTH - Bruce Lefevre, 700 Raptor

So it's not just the 700's guys. It's actually a good mix. You'll see some more DS KOTH's in the near future as well. They blew up their motor's with too much NOS in Dumont race 3 test and tuning this year. LOL! Like it or not the DS is a Monster!

Old 05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

This is some funny stuff. I got a few DS's that would be happy to line up with you and go head to head.

2 different DS's hold the "single Cylinder" records (1st and 2nd) with Planet Sand.

And For reference it was a DS that took KOTH at Dumont FSA race in 2007 and Glamis in 2005 and 2006 4 stroke wars.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Ah beat me to it Silver [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

lets go race and figure it out. The DS is still the fastest and the bike all others want to catch. but the DS is in short numbers and you might only see one on a big weekend, so dont blink

Old 05-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Like it or not the DS is a Monster!</end quote></div>

No argument about that I am a fan of atv'ing in general thoe I do love my 700R and would not trade it for the world. It is still stock other than a K@N but it has been by far the best quad that I have ever owned. I never have done sand but could tell you everyting you need to now about trail riding esp at altitude (hence EFI)!

I like the mix of winners from the KOTH races. You show a good mix of atv's who knows next year it could be KTM. It just shows how competitive the market is getting, and what it will do is make everybody better!

Quick Reply: What is the fastest stock sport quad