ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

arenacross...(local), spanaway WA...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2001, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i rode in my first mx type race yesterday, and got to test out the new A-arms in a big way, they worked great, no noticeable problems with them at all.
i went to spanaway, Wa, & rode at oakwood arena. the format was like a small arenacross, in a large roofed livestock type facility, a very short track with jumps a couple short tabletops, berms, a good straight, corners were flat track style & very good grip, but no big stuff.... each heat would consist of a short race, 4 laps.

i had a blast, even though i was completely outclassed by more experienced riders, & need to dial-in the new setup. i was in the 2-stroke quad class, which included some very experienced riders. first heat, i took last place, the quad was not set up properly, so i made some adjustments(a couple clicks on the shocks, tire pressure, etc). second heat, i was actually in about 3-4th place most of the race, then stalled it in a hairpin corner in the third of four laps... letting the two riders that were behind me go past...

the good thing was that there was more quads there than i had expected( about 10-12 classes), and i got a chance to talk a few riders about where they race locally, classes, costs, etc. it looks like this summer will be lots of fun.

overall, a very good experience, i learned a lot & had fun...now the real question, when will the budget allow me to do it again?