ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Why wont anyone help me!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why wont anyone help me!!!!!!!

I would like to build a small race track for my atv's and some dirt bikes and pit bikes. I have maybe 1 and a half to 2 acres of land. It would be in the woods so I would need to cut down a lot of trees. Can any one help me out to set the track up and how I should lay it out. Doesnt have to have many jumps, just a few because my little brother will be riding it. Thanks, please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Could be the four other topics with the same post is more annoying than helpful. I've moved the others, as per forum rules, multiple posting of the same topic is a no no.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Scooter. I was just going to post that myself...

It's hard to visualize what you have to work with for land, but generally you will want to build the track taking advantage of the natural features of the terrain you have to work with.

If you are including ATVs through Pit bikes on the track, maybe consider a track with mostly tabletops. I'm not sure what your skill level is like, but you may want to build the tabletops a little larger than you would originally think ... it would give you room for improvement, in case you start getting bored with a smaller one. And with a table it's safe if you come up short.

Also consider drainage. Many people build a track and think nothing of drainage, until the track starts getting saturated with water and becomes unridable.

If there is room to snake through with a dirt bike, you might be able to ride through your woods to determine what a fun path might be.

I'm sorry I can't offer more help. I imagine you'd have to be a little more detailed in your description of your land and what your long term goals are. A track that kids can play on with pit bikes and a track that might help prepare someone to race motocross are two separate things.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

Finnaly someone helped me out. I already have a path but do you think it would be worth building in not that big of land. I just wanna be able to practice on it or just fool around. My machines are pretty big in power.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well with only 1-2 acres you are going to have to make a winding track to get the most of your space.......make many loops back to back so you use all the space......

As far as jumps, as was said tabletops are the best because they give you the option of multiple landing areas, or even a ride over option. A good thing to use as the base for jumps are old tires. You stack the tires in locking fashion so they stick together, and then just pile dirt onto them..... The tires will keep the dirt in place and make it easier to build the jumps because you will need less dirt.

A good idea too is to sketch your property, and draw out a track. You will need to take into account the natural terrain such as hills and valleys. And as was said think about drainage and how wet the track will be.......

There really is not single way to make a track, it all depends on the area.....and sometimes you will have to modify trails once you get them plotted because you may see another option. It takes time, a lot of trial and error....but that is part of the fun....

Old 02-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

Thanks guys. That helps me out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]