ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Mototown USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mototown USA

Is mototown worth going to. I would like to try my quad out at the mx track. It looks prett awesome. What kind of things is there to do there. Is it like a free ride on the track or do you have to go full bore the whole entire time while your on the track. I just want to know if its worth buying the tether and all the other stuff and the little ride fom mass. to conn. Thanks

Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mototown USA

I don't know specifically about this track, but every person on a track has a different skill level. Don't be intimidated ... run your own practice. If you are slower than a lot of others, keep to the right and hold your line. Everybody has to start somewhere and it takes some ***** to go out and hit a track for the first time. Focus on the tabletops, forget the triples, and only try doubles when you are confident in your abilities. Pick someone who is a bit faster than you and watch their lines. Match their speed on the tabletops (don't follow someone off of a bigger double or triple!!). Also, don't be a hick and ride in t-shirt and jeans ... wear full gear. Almost everybody does in MX. I'm probably forgetting some other advice but these are the big things. Let me know if you have any other questions. Sorry I couldn't help specifically on this track...

Old 02-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Range Rover
Default Mototown USA

I used to race dirtbikes a few years ago. I am a very experienced rider so I dont need to worry about that I just want to know if it is worth going there.