ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

District 23 HareScramble Series - Round 2, Millville

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone going to Millville this weekend?

After yesterday's mudfest, I'm looking forward to racing my favorite HS track. At one point during Sunday's race, I looked down at my crotch and the mud was packed as high as the gas tank. My rims are completely filled with mud, and you can't see through the frame anywhere because the engine is so packed with mud. Can't even find the carb. I put my boots, pants, jersey, and helmet in a bag and put it on a scale. They weighted 47lbs. That's muddy......

Hope to see ya there this weekend.

Old 05-10-2001, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

It looks like good weather for Sunday's Millville HareScramble. See ya there.

Old 05-10-2001, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yep Gaetan and I'll be there for sure. Can't miss Millville. Hopefully my arms will be up to par this time as well.

Old 05-10-2001, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

See you guys there. Better luck to everyone, hopefully this rece will go alittle smoother then the last. Good luck guys..See you on the line

ryan

Old 05-11-2001, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like they have road construction going on around Millville. They have detours posted on how to get there. Check out www.springcreekmx.com

Old 05-11-2001, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I heard that track owner John Martin has changed some the track layout. Adding some different jumps and hill lines. We will soon find out.

Old 05-13-2001, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Well guys, just got home from the Millville race. Man oh man it couldnt have been a worse day for me. I was in the "B" line and when the gun went off i grabbed a pretty good holeshot and beat everyone to the first corner. Well i stayed ahead for a good portion of the 1st lap and then things went all downhill from there. I took a wrong turn on part of the track and had to pull my machine back out on the REAL Part (passed by about 7 people) then i got stuck behind someone on a tree and almost the WHOLE FIELD passed me. About this time i was close to the end of the pack. Went from 1st to about 30th in about 3 minuits! I worked my way back up, to have somone come down a hill backwards and hit me dead on shot and sent me back down the hill backwards..got passed bya few more guys.. All said and done..I ended up taking like 20th or something around there. In all i'm happy with the start and that, but i guess luck wasnt on my side today. I'm goign to try a MX race next weekend and see if i can do any better at that.
I also met a few guys this weekend. It was fun weekend. Thanks guys

hope everyone had a good weekend

ryan
00ds

Old 05-14-2001, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the bad luck again Ryan. Stay with it and the race will come to you. It sounds like you have the start down. Your speed is there. Now you just have to focus on not making the mistakes. I know, I know. How do you do that? It all just comes with experiance. Keep racing, and don't give up. Everything comes in time. There is a reason why the winner's don't take wrong turns, get stuck behind slow people, or crash. Stick with it....

I did just what I wanted to do yesterday. But I couldn't finish it off. I got a great holeshot and was nipping at the leader's heels the first half of the race. Staying in the top 4. But the second half of the race I began to tire and fade. I ended up finishing 9th in the A class on the day. I'm still happy with the finish because I had a great start, made a mistake free race, and ran the "fast" pace for half of the race. With alittle more training. Hopefully I can run the "fast" pace for the entire race. By "fast" pace, I mean PRO level pace.

I'm happy because it's all starting to come together for me. I'm seeing the "other" lines through the woods. My confidence is up and I'm not afraid to run in the front of the pack. My skills are there. My starts are goood. I'm learning new things. And most importantly.....I'm having fun!

If your racing Mezeppa this weekend. I'll see ya there.

Old 05-14-2001, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help. Hopefully next race i have alittle more luck. Like the saying goes "I'd rather have luck then speed" (or something like that). Everything was going perfect until the bad luck started to kick in. I'm going to race MX races so things like that dont happen, then if i do alright, we know it was the bad luck and not me as a bad rider. I'll get out on the MX tracks and see how well i can corner, and jump and that in comparison to others. Then come back to HArescrmables, hopefully, with more confidence and a new mind set.
Hopefully MX goes well.
Good job in the race chris. Sounds like you had a good day out there.

00 ds

Old 05-14-2001, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Don't fret about the bad luck in the HareScrambles. Rome wasn't built in a day. Experiance comes in time and that's what seperates the winner's from the loser's. You will be a winner soon enough. Remember, that was only your second race ever.

Pick out your weakest racing ability and work on it. I need to increase my endurance. Once that is up to par, I believe that I can race with the best. Your confidence is lacking right now. So do what you need to do to clear your head and race at 110%. Mental prep is just as important as physical prep in racing. You must believe in yourself. I'm going to ride a lot to prep my body. You need to keep racing till you get comfortable and focused during the race. Find your routine and stick with it.
I made lots of mistakes my first couple of races too. It was all nerves and bad decisions. Then I found my groove. Your groove is just around the next corner.
I can't wait till this Sunday. Mezeppa is going to be fun.

Quick Reply: District 23 HareScramble Series - Round 2, Millville