ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Pace/Parts Unlimited Cross Country Championship Series - Round 2(Millville)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone racing Millville June 23rd?
I had a blast last year and can't wait till next weekend. Look for me. I'll be racing in the 4-stroke "B" class on my EX(#66). Stop in and say Hi.

Old 06-15-2001, 05:24 PM
Range Rover

Chris,

Was just wondering, what do you have to do to get into racing?
Are you a member of the AMA, and how do you get that? What all is involved.
Biggest question........Do they let 3 wheelers race ANYWHERE anymore.
Got a 250R ATC I can't wait to race.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Old 06-16-2001, 05:17 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, I'll be there - hopefully with the new elkas.

cstark, it looked like from I saw that there will be a pro class, 2 stroke class, 4 stroke class, novice class, maybe a few more (utility, women's).

I wasn't aware there was a "B" class, but maybe that's just the 4 stroke class.

How did you get into the "B" class? Is that just because its a different race series? If I have to race against you, I have no chance! (Laugh)

Also, is there anything I need to do (sign-up forms, etc.) before the day of the race since its a different race series?

How was last year's turnout? Was there more quads there than you see at dist. 23 harescrambles?

Thanks,
ogre

Old 06-17-2001, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

i wish i could be there to race, but the only time i make a trip down there is to watch the pro's when they come in august. maybe next year i'll meet you boys down there sometime.

Old 06-18-2001, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

Fruitjacket,

I don't believe they allow 3 wheelers to race in AMA district events. I have to double-check. Check with some of the county fair races. I think they allow trikes in them.

Orge,

The Pace series has many classes. Sport A, 4-stroke B, 2-stroke B, Sport C, Utility, and womens. Pick whatever class you feel comfortable in. I placed 4th last year in the 4-stroke B. I will be racing in 4-stroke B again this year.
See ya at the races.

Old 06-20-2001, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider

Samson - you coming?

ogre

Old 06-20-2001, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

No I won't be coming down for this race. I really don't want to come all that way by myself after what happened last year. If you don't remember I rear ended some fellow canadians in Grand Meria, but luckily never caused hardly any damage. And then my thottle cable frayed on me on the parade lap, and jammed up the throttle so I couldn't race. And to top it all off, I threw my back out when I went to put my beer down so I could take some pics of the start [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Oh and I also got a nasty sunburn. Driving back to Thunder Bay was with my back out was not fun at all. But I'll be doing the other Dist. 23 races though with Gaetan. He'll be racing arena cross this weekend.

Plus my Banshee is in the shop getting new pistons, and I also got the head shaved for more compression.

Old 06-21-2001, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

Hey Ogre did you get your shocks yet? If so how do you like them?

Old 06-21-2001, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Samson - I'll be receiving them tomorrow via overnight shipping. Elka just finished them. Mark at HSD racing worked hard to make sure I would receive them before the race on saturday. Hopefully, barring any shipping problems, I'll have them. I'm pretty excited to check them out. I'll post an update on the yamaha forum where all the elka shock posts occurred, probably Sunday night.

ogre

Old 06-22-2001, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Let me know how the race goes. I'm out with a blown motor.

Quick Reply: Pace/Parts Unlimited Cross Country Championship Series - Round 2(Millville)