ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Goodells Race, Lawn Dart City

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another racer and I told told the promoter that we would lawn dart over the jumps he had set up. There were some 4 1/2 feet tall at a 45 degree angle. 2 in a row in one spot and three in a row in another spot. The promoter said he would not mellow the track out for just for the super lites. He did not understand that the two big table tops were not the problem. Those would have been great. We over heard some of the big dollar quad guys complaining about the track setup. The bulldozer drove over the hills that were three in a row, but they left the two in a row alone. We left rather than destroying our machines.

I talked to another superlite racer who showed up after the rest of us left. He watched a couple races. Those hills were causing a lot of people problems. The kids on the 50s apparently did not know to slow down over them. They would shoot up into the air really high then just drop. I guess when there were a half dozen of them laying on the ground crying, the race was stopped and all the parents ran out onto the track.

I guess we won't bother going to Imlay City since it is supposed to be the same track setup. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2001, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

hi, i also was at the goodells race ,just watching,anyways i wanted to go to the race in the imlay city race but i dont know the age limit for the quad c class.do u know.thanks

Old 08-06-2001, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

I was there too. Sure the track wasn't the greatest, actually probably the worst one he has built for quads and super lites in a long time. The only ones of quads doing those jumps were 2 of my teammates. The triple got worn down by the bikes, so it wasnt that bad, but the double stayed and so did the one after the table top. I'll tell you, the Imlay City track is not usually like that. If you can, what I would do is load em up, take them, and if you dont like the track, stick around and watch. It was a fun time Saturday. For the C class you have to be 16 with parent present for signature, or 18 without signature.

Old 08-06-2001, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

I probably would go out to Imlay City if there was going to be other super lites. I don't think the others will because they drove a lot farther than I did to turn around on saturday.

I was thinking that if he ran us last that they could take some angle off that double or shove them together and make a small table top. They bull doze the whole thing flat afterwards anyways. Based on my conversation with him though, I don't think he is game for any kind of special effort.

I was just too annoyed to stay and watch. I heard something about a quad coming up short on a the double and breaking an axle or something. What was deal with that?

Old 08-06-2001, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

Aw man, you missed some good quad riding. In practice a quad came up short on the triple and snappe an axle. In heat 1 of the Xpert class, a guy snapped an axle on the double after the first tabletop. Some good racin and good wrecks. And those high dollar quad guys were my teamates. The track would have been even worse than it was if it wasnt for them because it was totally out of whack. Scott ended up being the only quad guy there to clear all of the jumps. It was cool.

Mark
Untamed Racing