ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Race in Yale, MI

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a race again this year in Yale, MI and when? Promotor info?

Old 06-01-2002, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Where is Yale even at? Never heard of the town.

Old 06-01-2002, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

yea fill us in allways looki for a good race .

Old 06-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

It is probably about 30 miles from Port Huron. The track was just scraped up for the weekend in the fairgrounds. There were a few 4' tall table tops and some other ones I don't quite remember.

There is a Superlite race June 22nd at Morelands in Stanton, MI. I don't think the track owner would mind adding more classes to race that day. Although I have not seen the MX track, it is supposed to be a bit much for Superlites. We will be racing on the circle track. At some point before the race, a few of us will be scraping up jumps in the infield of the circle track. If there was enough turnout for quad classes, they could probably race either track.

We have considered switching the Sep. 28 Casey, IL to the Sep 22 Kensington, OH race on the GLORRA schedule because all the racers this year have come from MI and OH. That is about 4 hours from Detroit. Entry fees at that track are $20. $10 is for the insurance and $10 goes into the payout pot. There has not been a good enough quad turnout at the races so far this year for their classes.

If you don't mind driving a bit further, the payout at the Peoria race on July 27, 28 is 100% of the entree fees (can be voted on by drivers). If there is a good turnout, the promotor will throw some gate money in the pot as well. You still get the plastic trophy on top of that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Each of the two days is a seperate race and payout. Last year, it was TT style track. It is supposed to be more of a mild MX this year.

There is also a Mason, MI race on July 27th. Low entry fee and a plastic Trophy for the winner.

We could use another August points race and I wouldn't mind dropping the Casey, IL one also. The drive is far, the entry fees are high and the payout is low. Let me know if you know of some MI races that might add a Superlite class with enough turnout.

Here are a few pictures from the last Spring Valley race in Kensington, OH.

Old 06-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

I practice up at morelands, I live about 30 miles away. I'm racin there this weekend (Hopefully). The MX track has some pretty good uphill as well as downhill jumps and you can just fly though it. I usualy go 3rd gear in the turns and 4th anywhere else. There's not a jump that you can't hit in 4th gear. At least not for me. What are superlites anyway? Are they like oddosy's and pilots or what?

Old 06-01-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Pilots and 350 Odysseys are examples of Superlites. There are a few others including the Triple E Desert Star and Drakarts. There are also many custom built cars. Drakarts are the only ones sold new today turnkey that I know of.

We can't alter the pitch while in the air. We can't lean back to bring the nose up if it is too low like the last picture here. That would not have been so bad if I would not have overshot the landing hill. Big doubles are not preferred because coming up short with the nose down is very bad. Big table tops are fine.

Old 06-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Those look like they'd be a blast to race. Can't you move the front end though by gassing it or hitting the brakes or is the front end too heavy to allow that?

Trending Topics

Old 06-02-2002, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

You can setup for the jump by either letting off the gas just before and then get back on it while hitting the jump or by keeping the throttle on and tapping the brakes just before the jump (weight transfer to front suspension and then it rebounds on the jump). If you screw up though, there are no second chances.

Old 06-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

I went up to Moorelands today and practiced. I talked to the owners and they said they didn't know anything about the superlight races. What gives?

Old 06-02-2002, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

I will certainly ask the club member responsable for coordinating that race. Maybe he just did not know the term superlite. If there is some sort of problem, I would like to find out sooner rather than later. There is a race the same day at Crandon. That is a long drive for everyone though.