ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Racing banshee advice help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

efg
you need to tell him about the banshees we encounter down here. not to flame anyones ride but the ex's and r's and cannondales will smoke most banshees on an mx track. the banshee is an awesome machine just not built for mx. you will have to put a lot of money in it to be competitive on a mx track. my advice is if your serious about racing go to some local tracks and watch the races and see for yourself what is running at the front of the pack. just my opinion

Old 10-04-2002, 07:36 PM
efg
Pro Rider

Not too many banshees win where I race.Mostly Rs and them awesome MOTOs!

But there is one guy named bobby beach that used to be really fast on a shee

Old 10-04-2002, 07:39 PM
efg
Pro Rider

oh yeah and speeds (mxmike)

Old 10-05-2002, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh man that is so cool, i have a 1998 blaster, do they still make the kit for it? I wonder what else works good

Old 10-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

what kit are you talking about - the banshee the one i was refering to or a kit for the blaster
if your talking blaster they do make a kit for it also
l8r

Old 10-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

I beg your pardon?, You say that the 4-strokes have nothing on you....is this true?

What exactly as far as mods do you have?

I personally know of a raptor with a pipe and alcohol only, that is it, otherwise completely stock right down to the original brake pads. It will beat alot of piped banshees, and a few(not many) ported ones. So don't put your foot in your mouth just yet.

And like the others said, in MX speed is not everything, you can be fast as hell, but if you can't handle good you are toast.

Refer to a recent edition of ATV Action (I think, maybe a different one) where they tested a Z400 with engine mods, and compared to stock. They said at one point they were not any faster(maybe a little slower) because the quad wasn't set up suspension wise to handle the power...

Good luck, but do much research.

Old 10-07-2002, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

ya make sure you don't say too much raptors and other four stroks can be made to go fast in MX
but hey a banshee will work you just need to know how to use the 2-stoke power good luck with your racing l8r

Old 10-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default Racing banshee advice help!

is the banshee any good at jumping or can it be any good at jumping is a better question?

Old 10-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Trailblazer

hey I too have abanshee and was woundering how yours came out? Im also intersested in racing it in mx but wanted to talk to you first. How is yours at jumping, what kind of upgrades did you make to yours? Thanks

Old 10-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

I'm running a decent set up on a 99 after all the figuring my guess is around 70hp but if you listen to what everyone is saying wheel spin kills!!!!!!!!! in the sand pit i am king but to race mx would be a work out, a 450r makes riding very easy and the way it grips out smooth is great "two of my good friends ride the 450r" but just for riding sand pits and dunes including trails, its a freakin blast! excitment is an understatement! suspension is the only thing i have left to do on mine but to be honest im jumping with them without a problem "just get used to hitting the bottom!" unless you dont get big air then its no problem have fun but gorget about bragging i dust the 450r but not to often on the line im spinning they are gripping then soon as i grip i blow by them . that is unless i feel like changing my clutch all the time but my ego would rather beat them in the end then work on my bike and miss another ride. hey have fun, practice, and you might do really good.......... good luck
P.S. cpi are really nice but i run the toomy and wouldnt trade em also try the vito's super stock pistons all the other mods reed spacers, upgraded reeds, porting, boost bottle, are cool they helped mine but shaving or upgradeing your head to a cool head with interchangable domes is worth it! cam 2 makes a nice boost as well. lonestar makes a great axel they replaced mine free after a big air or should we say a bit to big big air, the 450r bent its stock axel really bad mine was just tweaked a bit.

Quick Reply: Racing banshee advice help!