ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

what do you think is the most demanding or hardest type of racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003 | 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default what do you think is the most demanding or hardest type of racing

I have to say MX hands down. You better have yourself in good physical condition if you plan on doing 5 hard moto laps on a quad. When you get tired on the track you get sloppy. When you get sloppy you wreck. Hard usually.
Cross Country is also very demanding. It is very physically demanding and it is very demanding on your equipment. You have to be a "strategic racer" with cross country. Use your head so not to trash your maching or yourself is key. I love MX and CC. I have done them both. But If I know I am kind of out of shape before an upcoming MX race, I don't bother getting in it because I know I could easily crack my cranium. If a cross country race is coming up I can adjust my pace to my level of conditioning at the time.
MX hard on shocks. CC hard on everything!
Just my opinion and two cents.

Old 04-17-2003 | 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

i would also have to say the Dakkar ralley. it is a very long race that takes over a week, and takes a toll on both the machine and the rider. many people are caused to drop out of that race due to heat or machine failure.

Old 04-28-2003 | 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

I just raced my first MX race at Budds Creek MD last weekend. Practice 3x on Friday, once Sat morning, and then a 4 lap (Open C) moto Sat afternoon. I have aches and pains in every part of my body BUT, I'm hooked!:-)

Old 04-28-2003 | 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Be nice Riddler, it was my first race and I'm sure there were a lot of things I didn't do right (getting thrown for one:-). I'm sure XC is physically difficult but nobody could ride flat out on a MX course for 2 hours. Maybe it's fair to say that MX is intensely physically demanding for a short period and some of the other types of racing are less physically demanding over a longer period?

Old 04-28-2003 | 07:52 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Desert for sure.

Old 05-15-2003 | 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

you are right about the Dakkar Rally. That is the toughest race I have ever heard of. I think the toughest race out in the west is hare and hound nationals. Ed they make the Adelanto Grand Prix seem like a cake walk. I did the adelanto gp when i was really sick and still got 7th am...

Old 05-15-2003 | 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

Simmer,

Depends how far you want to travel, I'm in Thunder Bay and we have one Track at Nipigon and one track at Atikokan , we combined the two on the same series, you could check it out on the web site www.superiordirtriders.on.ca It's about 7hour Drive from Timmins to Nipigon My best Friend Lives in Timmins , our first Race is in Atikokan an extra 3hour drive for you, Practice May31, raceday June 1st. there is not many of us but we bump us regular riders to pro class to alloy new commers a chance at going home with Trophy's..... Hearst use to Have races in the last three year but so far I think there not having any this year , I believe the people who were incharged of the races Moved away. any how if you need more info I could be reach at :

E-mail " ggalarneau@shaw.ca

cell (807) 628-7992

Gaetan Galarneau
ATV Rider Rep. for SDR

Old 06-02-2003 | 06:08 PM
Trailblazer

MrP how many laps do you run? I ride a mile and a half track and it takes 7 to 10 minutes.