ATV Videos Post and view entertaining videos running the gammut from spectacular crashes to crazy stunts to everything else involving a quad.

700xx's vs woods

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700xx's vs woods

What's up guys, figured I'd share a video from this weekend just riding the trails on the Homefront. A few of my friends call the course "Mini Unadilla" lol. The Gopro makes the terrain look like a cake walk compared to reality. 700xx Fast Paced Trail Riding - YouTube
"> 700xx Fast Paced Trail Riding - YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Old 05-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Here's a clip of me not making the hill climb the first time around. I had to move a few rocks before attempting it again after this. The climb is a lot steeper than the GoPro makes it look

Old 05-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Good videos. Video never does hills justice.

We were up in Maine last weekend and had some nasty, steep rock and root, climbing. Wish I had videoed it now.

Good video, once again!

Old 05-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Moose, so how did your Sons new Scrambler do up there?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by HondaR24
Thanks Moose, so how did your Sons new Scrambler do up there?
It did very well other than Moose One, my son, sitting down going up a steep stair step. He almost went over. Recovered pretty quickly. Rode it for a few miles. Thing is impressive. Solid feeling, smoooooottthhhhh power delivery, serious torque and horsepower, etc. Very nice machine. Only thing that bothered him was getting covered with mud. I had told him about mud guards but he didn't want them right away. After the ride he had me order them. Came in last night and I had the time to install them today. Should stay drier. All in all, I'm much more impressed with Polaris workmanship than when I got my Outlander. Nothing wrong other than a tire needing to be rebeaded. I had a few issues right from the factory when I took delivery of my quad. Have never been impressed with the Generation One frame. Still am not. Polaris may be heavy but the frames are really strong. Haven't been on a Generation 2 Can-Am long enough to see how the new frame feels.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It did very well other than Moose One, my son, sitting down going up a steep stair step. He almost went over. Recovered pretty quickly. Rode it for a few miles. Thing is impressive. Solid feeling, smoooooottthhhhh power delivery, serious torque and horsepower, etc. Very nice machine. Only thing that bothered him was getting covered with mud. I had told him about mud guards but he didn't want them right away. After the ride he had me order them. Came in last night and I had the time to install them today. Should stay drier. All in all, I'm much more impressed with Polaris workmanship than when I got my Outlander. Nothing wrong other than a tire needing to be rebeaded. I had a few issues right from the factory when I took delivery of my quad. Have never been impressed with the Generation One frame. Still am not. Polaris may be heavy but the frames are really strong. Haven't been on a Generation 2 Can-Am long enough to see how the new frame feels.
Glade to hear he's happy with it. I had the same problem with the mud when I got my renegade but I've learned to just deal with it. I stay cleaner on the xx with the front fenders cut than I do on the Gade lol.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by HondaR24
Glade to hear he's happy with it. I had the same problem with the mud when I got my renegade but I've learned to just deal with it. I stay cleaner on the xx with the front fenders cut than I do on the Gade lol.
We got the mud guards for the Renegade he had too. Made a big difference. They sell them on eBay, if you're ever interested.