ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Videos (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-videos/)
-   -   Reverse Whisky Throttle (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-videos/369719-reverse-whisky-throttle.html)

ATVC Correspondent 11-03-2016 12:48 AM

Reverse Whisky Throttle

https://atvconnection.com/wp-content...016/11/Rev.jpg
When you think your machine is going to go forward but instead it goes in reverse, bad things happen quickly. No need to take our word for it:

ATV Video: Reverse Rolling - ATVConnection.com

stevo9389 11-03-2016 02:51 AM

I have had plenty of days like this. My bed is now up against the wall so there will at least be some consistency when I get up.

old polaris tech 11-03-2016 12:05 PM

That's the only time a twist throttle may have saved him.Leg up against the throttle lever while the machine is in reverse,the force just kept him pinned. Bet he'll have it in neutral from now on..

MooseHenden 11-03-2016 12:34 PM

That's on my least favorite things to happen. Noticed Can-Ams have the shift on the right side and if you aren't careful when you shift, you can hit the throttle with your arm. Almost put a quad through a dealership wall finding that out. Good thing I had my left hand on the brake.

greg74 11-03-2016 12:40 PM

Im still trying to figure out what he was hauling. Looked like junk to me. And why was it in reverse? A lot of stupid going on in this video. Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

greg74 11-03-2016 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by MooseHenden (Post 3342513)
That's on my least favorite things to happen. Noticed Can-Ams have the shift on the right side and if you aren't careful when you shift, you can hit the throttle with your arm. Almost put a quad through a dealership wall finding that out. Good thing I had my left hand on the brake.

Right side is where the shift lever should be on all quads. No idea why Yamaha and some others put it on the left side. It was always awkward shifting the Grizzly. I still used my right hand as the shifter was so sloppy that being right-handed, I had a hard time shifting it with my left hand. Sometimes it would get caught between low and high and you would just hear a horrible grinding noise. I've never thought hitting the throttle when shifting would ever be a problem with a right hand shifter, such as Kawasaki is. I had to use the foot brake for a couple weeks when the rear brake cable broke a while back and now I find that it seems easier to use the foot brake even though I don't have to anymore to shift.

old polaris tech 11-03-2016 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by greg74 (Post 3342518)
Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

Getting off subject but I love old Ron White. When the cop said he was being arrested for being drunk in public,Ron said he was drunk in the bar,but they threw him out in public.. Cop told him he the right to be silent,but Ron said "I might have the right,but I don't have the ability..

scootergptx 11-03-2016 03:02 PM

Wondering how long he left it on it's side?

MooseHenden 11-03-2016 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by greg74 (Post 3342519)
Right side is where the shift lever should be on all quads. No idea why Yamaha and some others put it on the left side. It was always awkward shifting the Grizzly. I still used my right hand as the shifter was so sloppy that being right-handed, I had a hard time shifting it with my left hand. Sometimes it would get caught between low and high and you would just hear a horrible grinding noise. I've never thought hitting the throttle when shifting would ever be a problem with a right hand shifter, such as Kawasaki is. I had to use the foot brake for a couple weeks when the rear brake cable broke a while back and now I find that it seems easier to use the foot brake even though I don't have to anymore to shift.

On the Can-Am it's kind of too far forward. You reach under the right handlebar and shift. If you have big arms it's even more likely to happen. I watch out for it now.

greg74 11-04-2016 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by old polaris tech (Post 3342531)
Getting off subject but I love old Ron White. When the cop said he was being arrested for being drunk in public,Ron said he was drunk in the bar,but they threw him out in public.. Cop told him he the right to be silent,but Ron said "I might have the right,but I don't have the ability..

I remember that one. He also said "I don't know how many it was going to take to throw me out but I knew how many they were going to use." Might not be the exact quote but it was close to that.