ATV Videos Post and view entertaining videos running the gammut from spectacular crashes to crazy stunts to everything else involving a quad.

Reverse Whisky Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Reverse Whisky Throttle

When you think your machine is going to go forward but instead it goes in reverse, bad things happen quickly. No need to take our word for it:

ATV Video: Reverse Rolling - ATVConnection.com

Old 11-03-2016, 02:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had plenty of days like this. My bed is now up against the wall so there will at least be some consistency when I get up.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

That's the only time a twist throttle may have saved him.Leg up against the throttle lever while the machine is in reverse,the force just kept him pinned. Bet he'll have it in neutral from now on..

Old 11-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

That's on my least favorite things to happen. Noticed Can-Ams have the shift on the right side and if you aren't careful when you shift, you can hit the throttle with your arm. Almost put a quad through a dealership wall finding that out. Good thing I had my left hand on the brake.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im still trying to figure out what he was hauling. Looked like junk to me. And why was it in reverse? A lot of stupid going on in this video. Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

Old 11-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
That's on my least favorite things to happen. Noticed Can-Ams have the shift on the right side and if you aren't careful when you shift, you can hit the throttle with your arm. Almost put a quad through a dealership wall finding that out. Good thing I had my left hand on the brake.
Right side is where the shift lever should be on all quads. No idea why Yamaha and some others put it on the left side. It was always awkward shifting the Grizzly. I still used my right hand as the shifter was so sloppy that being right-handed, I had a hard time shifting it with my left hand. Sometimes it would get caught between low and high and you would just hear a horrible grinding noise. I've never thought hitting the throttle when shifting would ever be a problem with a right hand shifter, such as Kawasaki is. I had to use the foot brake for a couple weeks when the rear brake cable broke a while back and now I find that it seems easier to use the foot brake even though I don't have to anymore to shift.

Old 11-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."
Getting off subject but I love old Ron White. When the cop said he was being arrested for being drunk in public,Ron said he was drunk in the bar,but they threw him out in public.. Cop told him he the right to be silent,but Ron said "I might have the right,but I don't have the ability..

Old 11-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Wondering how long he left it on it's side?

Old 11-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
Right side is where the shift lever should be on all quads. No idea why Yamaha and some others put it on the left side. It was always awkward shifting the Grizzly. I still used my right hand as the shifter was so sloppy that being right-handed, I had a hard time shifting it with my left hand. Sometimes it would get caught between low and high and you would just hear a horrible grinding noise. I've never thought hitting the throttle when shifting would ever be a problem with a right hand shifter, such as Kawasaki is. I had to use the foot brake for a couple weeks when the rear brake cable broke a while back and now I find that it seems easier to use the foot brake even though I don't have to anymore to shift.
On the Can-Am it's kind of too far forward. You reach under the right handlebar and shift. If you have big arms it's even more likely to happen. I watch out for it now.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Getting off subject but I love old Ron White. When the cop said he was being arrested for being drunk in public,Ron said he was drunk in the bar,but they threw him out in public.. Cop told him he the right to be silent,but Ron said "I might have the right,but I don't have the ability..
I remember that one. He also said "I don't know how many it was going to take to throw me out but I knew how many they were going to use." Might not be the exact quote but it was close to that.