ATV Videos Post and view entertaining videos running the gammut from spectacular crashes to crazy stunts to everything else involving a quad.

Helping Rider With Dead Bike

Old 11-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helping Rider With Dead Bike

Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't seen you post lately. Good job on being a Good Samaritan. It always makes me feel good helping other motorists with any kind of vehicle when I can. It feels better if they actually thank you, which most people do. Whatever he was speaking, I don't, but I understood right, left, and battery, so we would have figured something out. That rope was stronger than it looks but he was prepared to be towed. Attaching the tow rope anywhere above the tow hitch isn't a good idea but obviously it worked out anyway.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I haven't seen you post lately. Good job on being a Good Samaritan. It always makes me feel good helping other motorists with any kind of vehicle when I can. It feels better if they actually thank you, which most people do. Whatever he was speaking, I don't, but I understood right, left, and battery, so we would have figured something out. That rope was stronger than it looks but he was prepared to be towed. Attaching the tow rope anywhere above the tow hitch isn't a good idea but obviously it worked out anyway.
Yeah I've been a little busy, and thanks! and yes thankfully i could make out the left and right and thankfully he wasn't to far from home, and i agree that rope probably wasn't the best but it made it through lol thanks for the input on the video i really enjoy making them, and yeah i didn't want to tie it to the bar but the rope wasn't thick and so i thought the round bar would be better instead of flat metal, thanks again for your feedback!!

Old 11-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by floridarider14
Yeah I've been a little busy, and thanks! and yes thankfully i could make out the left and right and thankfully he wasn't to far from home, and i agree that rope probably wasn't the best but it made it through lol thanks for the input on the video i really enjoy making them, and yeah i didn't want to tie it to the bar but the rope wasn't thick and so i thought the round bar would be better instead of flat metal, thanks again for your feedback!!
If you put the rope through the hitch hole it probably would have broke. Neither way was ideal but you did the best you could with what you had at the time. One of my friends had to tow a few quads and was lucky enough to always have a ball mounted to loop the rope around.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
If you put the rope through the hitch hole it probably would have broke. Neither way was ideal but you did the best you could with what you had at the time. One of my friends had to tow a few quads and was lucky enough to always have a ball mounted to loop the rope around.
yeah i agree and thanks and yeah that is a good idea, maybe ill look into getting a ball to put on it and carry some better rope/strap lol