Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Credit Card or Bank Loan

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit Card or Bank Loan

Which is the better way to go? Credit card or bank loan if the interest rates are compairable? I intend to pay $200/mo.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Get a bank loan. Credit cards charge extra interest after about 2 years. With a bank loan, you know exactly when it will be payed off.

Old 09-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer

I purchased an "04 Kawasaki Prairie 700 in June from Reiters Marine in Billing MT and financed it through Household Bank. Just yesterday, September 13, I recieved an insurance policy they say I signed for and so far have been billed $39 for the policy. Since we don't have a copy of the original policy we supposedly signed, we called Household and were told the reason we never recieved a bill or policy is we were given a 60 day free trial. This is a scam and anyone even dreaming about buying a Kawasaki through Household should think twice. I am contacting my congresswoman and any federal agencies that deal with the Banking/Insurance industry and making formal complaints against this company and their practicese.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Range Rover

How about saving the money at $200 per month and paying cash in a year? If you can't afford to buy the machine, how are you going to pay for the insurance, gas, repairs, mods, registration, trailer, etc?

Old 09-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: jcdc04atv
How about saving the money at $200 per month and paying cash in a year? If you can't afford to buy the machine, how are you going to pay for the insurance, gas, repairs, mods, registration, trailer, etc?
I second that opinion. Save the money, then buy it.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

I third it.

Cash only on everything but a house. If you want something bad enough you can spend the time saving up for it. Pay yourself the interest in a savings account!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Bank all the way... How much interest are you gonna pay over 2-3 years? Maybe 5-6 hundred dollars. I would rather pay a little more and get the quad now, who knows what will happen in the next 2 years. If you save 200 hundred a month for 1 year that is only 2400 dollars. If you know that you can make the payments go for it. If you are not so sure... do it anyway you can always sell it!! LoL Those credit cards are tough to beat interest wise until you dont meet their requirements..... 18% interest. Do a search on this in the buying an atv forum. Most banks can get you around 8%.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Try a Credit Union.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: MrDumass
If you save 200 hundred a month for 1 year that is only 2400 dollars.
ONLY $2400!!!! That is A LOT of money to me. Two years in the bank with interest will be over $5000 and that will buy one heck of an ATV. Qfter only two years.

Old 09-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by Mrdumass

If you know that you can make the payments go for it. If you are not so sure... do it anyway you can always sell it!! LoL Those credit cards are tough to beat interest wise until you dont meet their requirements..... 18% interest.
This is a good way of getting a bad credit rating. Generally, people who over-extend themselves never sell until forced to by the bank. By that time they will have a terrible credit rating. Recreational ATV's are not the most important thing in life and worth going into debt for! To me, supporting and caring for my family is priority #1.

Quick Reply: Credit Card or Bank Loan