Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

QRcaer for 1k.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-1999, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a add in my news paper for a 89 quad racer for 1k. I know thta is a good price. I calld the # and the guy told me it was all modified, nerf bars, .030 over, dg pipe, ect. He also said it was raced for 4 years. That is want i don't want. It is a good deal and i can't pass it up. What can i sell it for?

Old 08-06-1999, 02:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would be very leary of a quad that has been raced, especially for 4 years. An 89 for $1000 is extremely good price for that year QR. It might not hurt to take a look, but unless you can spot small cracks in the frame or a stressed chassis, be careful.

RoostKing 85 Lt 250 R BROKE AGAIN!

Old 08-09-1999, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, but if it was raced for 4 years .. dont u think that it would be top notch?? i bet its a good deall.. sure the motor is beaten... but u can always get her bored .50 more before you have to get it resleave it.. so yu got time... and my local shop only charges like 30 bucks to get it bored.. so..... hey think about it... mine was raced for 2 years when i bought it for 1250.. and ive had a lot of fun with it, all i need to find out is what klind of flatside its got on it so i can get new jets... i might just buy a new mikuni or keihin (spelling on both) little larger than the stock size carb, which is what 38???? Yeah like roostking said, check for the average frame cracks and WELDS PAINTED OVER, thats how one was that i went and looked at, hey ride it first.....
whatever you get, have fun riding it, ive loved mine so far and ive only had it since june 28th.. then got it running the 29th (hehehehe damn gas switch.... couldnt figure that thing out at first :>)) but hey its all good now, except i think i have to rejet, or run better gas... cause it looks llike theres carbon on my plug from the 87 octane im running... i but some booster in it, and its running a lot better.. i think jets will help, cause i didnt rejet when i got my new pipe.

Chris Jack.

Trick 87 lt2.50