Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Does anyone own a APC 250 Quad (Made by Qianjiang group)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone own a APC 250 Quad (Made by Qianjiang group)

I am looking to buy an inexpensive quad and came across a APC-250 (4 stroke, watercooled) at the local PEP boys store. I didn't even know they sold quads? Does anyone have any experience with this Chinese made quad? It looks fairly well built but as we all know, looks can be deceiving. For $1999.00 it has alot of options on it that can only be found on quads that cost twice as much. It can be seen at www.apcpowersports.com. I think they call it the Commando 250 on their site.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buddy i would never buy one of those because they are crap buy a used recon or z250 or anything they don't have a warrenty

Old 08-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ozarkmaster
buddy i would never buy one of those because they are crap buy a used recon or z250 or anything they don't have a warrenty
I would disagree. I sell these, and have a 6 month warranty on them. As for crap, I have replaced no parts under warranty, nor had to deny a warranty claim. I ride one, my son rides a 90, and we have had no problems with ours either.

I see lots of claims of "They are crap" to which I reply "What model did you own?"

the answer is, invariabley "I don't own one, never have, and I'm talking out my a$$"

Old 08-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

i bought my son a 90 and was wondering if that is a rebuilt honda engine or what? it look identical and would like to know if i can get honda aftermarket parts for it or what. thanx.

Old 08-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

its the first kids atv that i have seen with adj shocks and upper and lower a-arms, and prewired for a headlight.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

As for the Honda engine, it likely is, depending on model. the factory that mekes these also makes honda, Suzi, Kaw, and Polaris bikes. (So much for the "not up to the standards of Japanese") They use the older designs that are no longer used by the big makers. They get rights to engines, trannys, and such and use those designs in their toys.

Yours is, very likely, a Honda engine. hell, my son's 90 even says Yamaha on the case. They never even bothered to change the tooling.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

How long have you owned the 90 that your son has? (Sandattic) I have a 9 year old son I was thinking of getting a 90 for...just for trail riding, we are not going to race them or anything. If it seems to be a reliable little quad that you haven't had any problems with, I may consider getting one of them too. The dealers in town said that most parts are readily available in stock and the parts that are not in stock can be gotten from their distribution center in a week or less in most cases.

The following users liked this post:
Soxx202 (11-29-2023)
Old 08-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

ive only had it since friday. so far ive probably put about 5hrs on it going around on the street. the neighboors dont mind cause its not a damn 2stroke scooter. i love the top end of it but i think the bottom end wont do much in the sand at all. i would like to know if i can put a pipe and different clutch or modify each for some more torque off the line. but i think its been so far worth the $1291 out the door for a 90cc 4stroke, although the website reads 2 stroke. anyone know exactly who and where i can ask these question? thanx.

btw my neighbor also bought one after riding mine.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:13 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally posted by: Cheapass
my son's 90 even says Yamaha on the case. They
never even bothered to change the tooling.

My Maxfine 100 has Linhai Yamaha on a couple of spots on the engine.

Linhai

Old 07-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey u said u are a dealer can I get your phone number I got 1 and I like it so I would like another 1

Quick Reply: Does anyone own a APC 250 Quad (Made by Qianjiang group)