Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Do not buy from -

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not buy from -

Doro Motors also known as Gasrides.com or from WickedRocket.com All they are good for is taking your money and either failing to perform or at best, under-performing!

I found this site too late and got burned. I paid for an ATV in December, got it in March...and it came with no parts to assemble it. No nuts or bolts for the wheels, frame pieces or handlebars, no bracket for the handlebars, no battery, no assembly instructions, etc.

They claim to have shipped the parts weeks ago, but no show. They then claim to have sent a new set "overnight" - three days later, still no parts.

I guess I will contact my creditr card company to see what recourse I have -

but you have been warned!

Old 03-18-2005, 06:17 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably not much consolation, but I know we have a bolt/nut shop here local and that's ALL they do. You can find just about any shape or size you want. Have you tried anything like that to get you going?

Not sure what tot tell you on the handlebars though, except maybe find a welder to help you rig something.

THAT suks man! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm sure I can go to Home Depot and get the nuts and bolts - I can take one of the smaller threaded peices to get the size and threads right.

I can go to a motorcycle shop and get the battery, I bet.

I am so PO'ed, though, that I want them to come and get the D@#^*& thing - just to provide them a bit of the hassle they've given me and to make sure that others get the word about them. If I put it together, I've spent more money and negated any chance of getting what I paid for or getting my money back.

Thanks for the suggestions, though. I think I would need a welder to get the handlebars attached. I could possibly find or make some kind of a bracket, probably.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:40 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: RickVS Thanks for the suggestions, though. I think I would need a welder to get the handlebars attached. I could possibly find or make some kind of a bracket, probably.
I was thinking that too. Maybe buy the top off another bike and try to mod it.

I got my battery at WalMart for $20, but I have it relocated under the rear left fender to make room for my race pipe. The home-made mount cost another $5.

You may not be as cheap as me though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good luck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

If you purchesed it with VISA - yes do call the credit card company. I bought sevearal mini-bikes that showed up missing parts and / or damaged and after 30 days of the seller ignoring me - They reversed the charges on my card and took the money back out of his account. Guess who was calling the shots then!. I had my parts at the door 48 hours later.

Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Unfortunately, they drug me along for 60 days - that is how long you have to dispute the charge.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Doro Motors did come through with the parts I needed to assemble the quad. The main points I would make are:

1. Buy from the guy who actually has the ATV in stock - not someone who has to order it from someone else. (I purchased from Wicked Rocket, who orderedit from Doro Motors.)
2. Pay with a credit card.
3. Do not let them drag it out beyond 60 days - if you don't have it and if it is not complete, dispute the charge with the credit card company. That is your best recourse!

Old 03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

My Visa has a 90 day dispute policy. Better get on it pretty quick.