Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

I just wanted to say Thank You to the forum

Old 03-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just wanted to say Thank You to the forum

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks, reading posts and trying to decide which quad is best for me. You can read shootouts in mags till your eyes turn red. Yes, they do give out some good information, but I like reading what the owners have to say. The info I used to decide on my purchase was about 10% from articles and about 90% from forum members. One of the great things in particular about this forum is that most people offer completely unbiased opinions.

Thanks. I'll break out the digital camera and post some pics later.

Ultimately, I ended up getting the TLD Predator. The wider wheelbase and the quality of stock components was the clincher. Best bang for the buck.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Welcome to the forums, and enjoy your new quad.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

The predapuss is a nice quad fo sure. you sould be happy with it. I see you live in bremerton. so may i presume you plan to ride it at tahuya primarily and capitol a lil and maybe zip down to sandlake or farther? When your ready to do some bolt on mods and make your preddy really zip there is a guy local round these parts that has a quick predapuss, he can prolly shed some light on settin it up. and he just got a new on on the 22nd. if your lookin for local people to ride with check out the Puget Sound/Seattle NW Area Riders Meet HERE!!! thread. there is always someone riding somewhere round here in there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good luck with your new toy, Keep the rubber side down and have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

Thx for the info OFC. I never saw the thread in my lurking days. I don't know all of those spots. Only one I know of is Tahuya. Where is Lil' Sandbox?

Old 03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: jedimike
Thx for the info OFC. I never saw the thread in my lurking days. I don't know all of those spots. Only one I know of is Tahuya. Where is Lil' Sandbox?
welcome and may the force be with you!!

im not sure,,,,but when I hear lil' sandbox,,,,i think of Beverly Dunes
maybe sandlake as well

anyhow,,,,yup,,,good people on here for sure,,,,get those pics up

Old 03-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

There is the beverly sandbox wich is a 300 ish acre in eastern wa just south of vantage
there is the Moses lake sandbox. its a bit bigger, its self evident where that is
There is sandlake in oregon a lil south west of portland
there is florance in oregon its southwest of ugene
there is winchester wich is south of florance a lil bit
there is horsefall which is south of winchester in coos bay

Trails local Capitol forrest wich is just to the south of ya has a couple stagin areas. I will be riding there quite a bit this summer
tahuya of course is real close to bremerton
ahh heck how bout i just post a link. LMAO

Here is a link to the Northwest motorcycle assosciation. they have some of the trails listed. also there are Tons of secret spots if ya get in peoples good graces. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Range Rover

WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Didn't know there were so many places around. I'm originally from Moscow, ID. Over there it was damn near legal to ride your quad anywhere you wanted. Glad to see I'll have more than a couple options over here on the sound. I drive through Vantage quite a bit. I'll have to find those Dunes.

Hate to do it... but here is newb question #1. I have never ridden dunes before. Are paddle tires absolutely necessary?

Old 03-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: jedimike
WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Didn't know there were so many places around. I'm originally from Moscow, ID. Over there it was damn near legal to ride your quad anywhere you wanted. Glad to see I'll have more than a couple options over here on the sound. I drive through Vantage quite a bit. I'll have to find those Dunes.

Hate to do it... but here is newb question #1. I have never ridden dunes before. Are paddle tires absolutely necessary?
maybe not the 1st time,,,,just to see if you like it
they help a lot

Old 03-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

No such thing as a dumb question... ok maybe there is.

but no you do not absolutly need them. Nobbies work fine. just when it gets real loose and fluffy in the summer the paddles will float better and take less horsepower.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new machine, excellent choice.

Thanks for the kind words about the forums. They're here to help and its nice to see that people are getting the info they need.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I just wanted to say Thank You to the forum