Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Help plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help plz

My 13yo son wants a 4wheeler bad and he is growing like a weed, i dont want to spend 3,000 on a honda, or yamaha.So, we were about to get a redcat 110, or 150 until we found out all the dealers around here are dirtbags, and lied to us on several occasins, but right now we're looking into a jackel 110r, so im just asking what are some other suggestings(he does not want a sport utility)

Old 06-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Help plz

Check w/ your local laws. You'd probably be better off getting him a semi-used 200-400 sized bike. But that is if and ONLY if the bike fits him now. The problem w/ getting him one of those smaller bikes is how long is it going to last him? If he's larger than average for his age, then get the bigger bike. If you get him the smaller bike and he really loves it, he'll probably out grow it by next year if not earlier. If you get him a bigger bike, and he doesn't fall in love w/ the sport, you can just resell it. You could even make a profit when you resell it depending on initial cost, what (if any) upgrades you do, and what kind of condition the bike is in when your boy is done w/ it.

Bottom line: Get him a bigger bike and he'll have a bike he can still ride ten years down the road. As opposed to getting him the smaller bike, having him outgrow it and then having to go out and shell out some money for a "real" bike and get stuck w/ a mini-fourwheeler you have to sell.

I myself have never heard of the jackel so I can't give any input. The Yamoto's and E-ton's (or Eton or Eaton w/e sp) seem to have a decent reputation for beginning bikes.

One more thing. Don't buy him a bike w/o letting him sit on the same year and model and work the controls and the steering lock to lock to make sure it fits him comfortably.

Old 06-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help plz

The no name ATV's that I own with good luck and success are Dinli, Jackel, Eton and Kymco. The Kynco although a no name is expensive but good. The Jackel seems to be the best bang for the buck but you can always go to cycletrader.com and get a used Yamaha or Honda cheap. Sometimes at least in my area people buy em and basically don't ride at all and lose interest. The depereciation hit comes and you have a great unit cheap. Stay away from Kazuma and Redcat brands as they are the same thing and we don't need to go into the issues here. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

Robert
ATVARIZONA

Old 06-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help plz

well one problem is im getting my younger son an eton 90 and i dont want the younger one to dust him in races.

atvarizona

can u give me some imformation on your jackels like top speed, hp, or torque

Old 06-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help plz

Old 06-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Help plz

buy a brand name atv like honda,etc.......the forgein name ones r crap n cheap.n plus super hard to get parts for.i would stay with the big 4.check yr newspapaer or ask around

Old 06-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help plz

Go for the kuzuma(redcat)brand but buy from www.racewayatv.com.Just bought my son the 50cc quad and the company deliveres as promised (read other postes regarding kuzuma for more comments from others)the price advertised is the price you pay delivered to your door(promised delivery 7-10 days,received in 4)also,i have read that they are helping others with concerns that did not even purchase from them.I was also surpised at the responce time(posted question to them today and had a responce in 10 minutes)very happy with kuzuma and raceway atv...hope this helps