Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Is there a dual-purpose ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a dual-purpose ATV?

5, 6, 7 grand is a lot of money. Instead of buying him a quad for Christmas you might think about giving him a card that say I owe you a quad for Christmas or something.
I know, I know, it's not as personal. If you do the card thing he can pick out what he wants.
Just my 2 cents and something to think about.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, like doctorturbo said it would probably be better to give him a card with I owe you a quad or somthing like that written on it. Then he could pick exactly what he wants. Might be better then he could have one that has everything he wants, rather than one that possibly does not have everything he wants.
just an idea.
-Calum

Old 12-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

last post was 11/28.....if you are still on here, what did you buy him?

Old 12-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

if ur in the mountainsi would go up in price about 1000 but if u want to stick with the four wheel drive and 5000 dollars u should get the honda rancher 4by4 if u are looking at just hondas go to their website
>>>>>>>>

I wouldnt suggest the rancher if you are gonna pull game out of the woods. Check out the BRP Outlander 400 or Yamaha Kodiak 450.......Trust me its cheaper to get a bigger quad up front, he WILL want more power.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

I'd get the BRP Outlander 400

Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm sorry I haven't given you all an update. We have moved some of our stuff but still do not have internet access at the new house in NC. I took your advice about letting him know what I was doing. One of his students has a friend "in the business" who had put back a honey of an ATV (so I was told) for him (the student). This student guy was going to have to call and say he couldn't get it (wife would not let him come home if he got another one!) so I got it for hubbie.

It was owned literally by a little old man who puttered about his farm for a few months, then returned it. It is a giant of an ATV and already has a wench and extra bumpers on it. It is a Polaris 800, I think. Anyway, it has been gently used and, as per your advice, has a lot more power. He is looking into equipment for it now - a plow for the garden and a scrape blade.

Thank you so much for all your input. I appreciate it very much and wish you all a very happy holiday.

Sincerely,
Pat

Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

should be in good condition if it was owned by some little old man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
congrats on getting the quad for him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. It is a Polaris 700, though. I got the numbers wrong. It does have mag wheels, too, which is apparently cool also. I just know it is BIG and made him VERY happy!!

Thanks
Pat

Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

Get him a polaris xplorer 400 2 stroke they are great for plowing and racing I race mine all the time on my local track and it woops all the new 4 stroke sportbikes everytime. I plow driveways in the winter and haul trees in summer and it works great.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

sounds like a cool machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] do you ride as well?

Quick Reply: Is there a dual-purpose ATV?