Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Trading my kingquad for a TRV 500 , should I ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading my kingquad for a TRV 500 , should I ?

I love my KQ. EFI, good suspension, etc etc, but, I ride with my wife most of the time, and I am really concerned by the safety issue related to riding with a passengers. Am I worrying too much ??

My quad rides differently with a passangers since the front get lighter. Not excessively but...

It is a lot more stable with a 2 riders ATV ??

How reliable is the A.Cat

Old 01-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No question, if you are riding two-up most of the time, then you should trade the KQ for a two place machine. Of the two-up's that I've seen and test sat, I like the Bomb's the best. If you are used to the power or the KQ and like the FI, the Bomb 800 or the yet to be released Bomb 650 will do it. Even the 400 Outlander is supposed to be a pretty powerful 400. Check them all out - with your wife with you, and then decide. Currently Bomb, Artic Cat and soon Polaris have two-ups.

jaybee

Old 01-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

the Arctic Cat 500 has the suzuki Vinson 500 engine and transmission in it so you have suzuki quality in the powertrain. the rest of Arctic cat is built very strong. the 500's of arctic cats are the most reliable.

I agree that if you ride two up most of the time then you should get a two up atv. they are whey more safe with the extended frame. good luck with whatever your choice from what I hear the bomb and the arctic cat are both very nice for two up. I would go with a bomb 650 though over the 400, especially if your not little guy.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

We have about 800 miles on our first TRV now. We ride the forests, Montana Rocky Mountains and snow covered trails, frozen lakes, swampy areas and very often more technical challenges then most. We use it for ice fishing also and its very good in the snow. We bought a 2nd trv so friends can join us who don't have one (originaly) but some of those who ride ours purchase their own shortly thereafter. I also added MRP tubes on the rear - (see pictures) and several other options. I also prefer the TRV over my Polaris as the off-trail handeling is so much better when deer hunting. I wouldnt trade the TRV for anything.

Its a great machine and if I had to do over again I wouldn't even flinch to buy the same product. For a two rider machine its #1.

The difference between riding 2up on a single rider quad and riding a TRV is day and night. I know no one who is unhappy with making the change to a machined designed for two riders.

The TRV is rugged, durable and had plenty of power. When riding in grizzly inhabited areas I choose the Arctic Cat over my polaris and Honda. Those machines have not proven to me to be as dependable.