Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

first atv

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first atv

I'm currently deployed in Iraq and looking to get my first quad when I get back. I'm 5'5" 165lbs, i'll be trail riding in north tx, with trip in the mountains every once in a while. Been looking at the Arctic Cat 400, Suzuki 400 and Kawasaki 400. From what I have figured out they are all the same. I've also been looking at the Honda 400EX. What are the pro's and con's of these quads? I looked at the Kawasaki 700 because of the auto tranny, but I think it'll be a little too much for my first quad, I'm I right? Thanks for all the info i've already gotten of this forum

Old 10-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default first atv

The suzuki will be more "nimble" on fast trail riding. Im not familiar with the Kawi. The Arctic Cat would be my choice. It has the better ground clearance, a good locker, and speed racks

Old 10-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default first atv

imo
i would go with the 400 ex because its air cooled and that id one less thing that can go wrong

Old 10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

you are talking about the DVX 400 arctic cat right? if you are then I would not get a DVX for one reason only when I was looking around I sat on a DVX and the seat was rock hard there was nothing to it most uncomfortable quad I have ever sat on. I don't know anything about the Kawasaki so can't help you there sorry but I do know that the Z400 and 400EX are awsome trail quads the 400EX does do a little bit better in tight trails but I would say go with the Z if you are going to have alot of straights it has more power and is a tad bit fast then the EX but if it is going to be all tight trails the EX is the better way to go IMO