Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

grizz or kindquad ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grizz or kindquad ?

Hello and HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!

OK heres my deal i am thinking about getting back into 4 wheeling. and where i live the grizz sells for about a grand more the the KQ is the grizz that much better for the money.

quads i have owned

660 grizz
vinson 500
big bear 350
kodiak 400

all nice quads

thanks in advance

type of use

fast trails, mud maybe headlight deep mountaints etc NORTHEAST NEW YORK

Old 11-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe nobody has jump on this one. But I'm assuming that you are talking about the Grizzly 700? If so I would try to talk him down a little. But I don't have either but just look around at the different forums and see what everybody is saying about the 2. People are loving the new Grizzly.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:19 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Personally I like the 700 Grizzly better than the King Quad (mainly because of the advantage the power steering provides), but I like the King Quad better than the 660 Grizzly (better handling, better fuel mileage - even better than the 700 Grizzly, more power)...

Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes the 700 , as you can tell i have taken advanage of the plow and winch deals over the years from yamaha.hey 2tv are you saying the kq feels a little faster ten the 700

not list grizz 7299/ kq 6299

Old 11-24-2006, 03:13 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

Acceleration-wise I'm not yet sure which one is quicker (700 Grizzly versus King Quad), we have not lined them up one on one yet on my "drag strip" which gives us a 400' run. We did have 5 quads lined up at once last week, a 300 ex, a King Quad with 25" Bighorns, a CanAm 500 with 25" Bighorns, a Rubicon and my Grizzly (with 26" Dirt Devils) and I finished 1st (don't know what the order was behind me). It is crowded when running 5 though so it is possible that people were getting in each others way and that may have affected the outcome. One day we will have to do the Grizz and a King Quad one on one just for a comparison. One thing for sure, in low range the 700 Grizzly wheelies with ease when sitting back on the seat a little bit, but the 660 and the King Quad take more effort to get up.

Although I haven't found out for myself yet, I believe the King Quad has a higher top speed. I've heard of people going 70 to 72 mph on a King Quad where the Grizzly (both the 660 and the 700) seems to top out at 64 mph. To me that is not important because I just don't need to go that fast in the conditions where I ride, but it may matter to some people...

Old 11-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

both the Grizzly and the King Quad are belt drives, there are better ATV's the Honda Rincon, or the Suzuki Vinson, or if you have ur mind set on a belt drive ATV then at least buy a Polaris cause they honor the warranty on the belt.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Don't worry motof150 would tell you a 90cc chain driven is better then a 700 belt drive.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:00 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

I've had my '02 Grizzly since July of 2001 and it has around 3800 miles on it. Not only has it been ridden hard in play, but I drag logs out of the woods with it every year, some are so big that I've had to back up to put some slack in the chain and then hit it to break the log loose and get it moving. This kind of abuse is exceeding the 1200 pound towing limit by a large margin I'm sure. Anyway the point being is that I'm still on my original drive belt. And yes, I've been through a lot of mud holes and water crossings, nearly headlight deep in some cases and I've had no belt problems at all...

Old 11-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Range Rover

I love my new grizzly 700 yamaha and they seem to run faster and handle better then the 660 by far. The KQ is a super bike as well I have seem more KQ on the mountains in Utah then any other bike I guess they just love then for rock climbing. The EPS works great on the 700 grizzly and the read shocks set up make the bike more balanced then the 660. The spec you can read at the yamaha web site and compare to the older one. I would say get the one you like the best test drive each is the best way. I guess the bone fell of motoF150 neck and the dog will not play with him anymore. He is always trying to **** people off and nothing he or it post is true anyway welcome to the forum busa123. You will also fine out soon that they is a ton of good information on this forum like 2TV his input is great and Rinman is always open minded and fair.

Old 11-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

excuse me! I was being honest! I told him the King Quad and the Grizzly are both belt drives! Its funny when you guys brag about ur Grizzly you never mention the fact it is a belt drive! Why not? Why not tell everybody and brag and say you have a belt drive ATV? It is funny to me when you talk about every good point of ur ATV you never talk about how wonderful ur belt drive is. You guys sorta sweep that fact under the rug, huh? Lets be honest!

Quick Reply: grizz or kindquad ?