Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006 | 07:39 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default What should I buy?

Leaning heavily toward the Honda...even though they make the Cat right near my neck of the woods.

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 2006 AC 400 auto i don't have many mile's on it yet, only 200 so far but it's a good quad ; my former atv's were an 86' Honda TRX 350 4wd and a 93' Suzuki KQ 300 LT4WD i loved them both ! My Brother has a 02' Honda TRX 350 4x4 Rancher manual and it has been great , the cat has more ground clearance and a smoother ride a larger fuel tank for extended ride's ; i do miss shifting to a higher gear when i want ! But i rejoy the comfort of not having to shift all day on a long day of riding in the mountain's also , but whitch ever one you choose you won't be sorry they are both very good quad's ! Good Luck with whitchever one you choose..........williebee

Old 11-29-2006 | 03:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

I would have to say that the cats are pretty reliable too. You really don't hear a lot of serious problems from any of the AC line. I would have to say though, that the Cat is aimed more at the utility side and the mudder in all of us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] From what I have seen, those Ranchers are a good choice for trail bashing, as they offer a bit sportier ride. Be warned the Honda ESP system tends to be more problematic than typical Honda designs. I am not saying everyone or even many people have trouble with it, but it is a complex system with a bit of history. i would still buy one though.

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Another plus for the AC is the disc brakes , the locker and shift 4w2wd on right handlebar and the Engine/Trans belt driven clutch is the suzuki powered model ! The only problem with the belt drive system is getting water on the belt , i've been in water up to the bottom of the headlight's with no problem the snorkle is high up in the fender wells ! I was told by my dealer since 2001 they had no belt/clutch problem's , that was the main issue i had with the belt drive's ; so that is why i bought the AC 400 auto ! I like the spin - on automotive type oil filter , but like in my first reply you won't be sorry either way with the Honda or the AC ; they're both great quad's ! .............williebee