Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Decisions, decisions... Need your honest opinion!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions, decisions... Need your honest opinion!!!

LOL polaris has actuly lead in sales.....

and in compitition honda usely isent that great lol

Polaris Sportsman

cat 500 or bigger

are the best quads you can get for utility!

the Polaris are TANKS and the 4x4 system is simple to use.

good luck

Old 02-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

i see that not one person mentioned the can-am outlander 400/650/800....sure they might be more expensive then the polaris's but thats because they are WAAAAAAAY BETTER!!

they are friggin tanks...i ride wit polaris 400 sportsmans,honda 450 foreman,500 sportsman,arctic cat 400

and the bombardier out pulls,goes through more mud and is probably the fastest out of all of them...arctic cat is probably second best then polaris then the honda...the can-ams have visco-lock 4x4....helps a TON!!!

even though they are all atleast 2004 you'd think my canam is like a 600cc atleast because it out performs the rest!!

the sportsman500 has itp mudzillas on it, they go through mud pretty good but i still dont get stuck as much as him LOL

i wish my dad got the 800 though, pulls like a tractor, does wheelies and does like 80mph top speed LOL,

Old 02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

they are friggin tanks...i ride wit polaris 400 sportsmans,honda 450 foreman,500 sportsman,arctic cat 400

and the bombardier out pulls,goes through more mud and is probably the fastest out of all of them
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

What sort of pulling contest did you guys put together with these quads?

Old 02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

pulling moose out of the bush and sometimes swamps...

first we hooked the 450 foreman on a cow that we shot that morning. My buddy seen a bull following a cow down in a bit of a ditch and they walked right up to his stand and he shot both from 40-50 yards away. after we all showed up to admire his moose my buddy drove his foreman450 in first and we we were able to get the atv on level ground and it would hardly even spin in 4wheel drive. Sounded like the damn thing was in netrual, but really it just doesnt have any ***** lolol. then the sportsman 500 wit mudzillas would move a bit but someone had to jump on the front rack to keep the front down, it eventually dug itself down into deep ruts getting about 4 feet father then the honda. After unhooking the moose and filling in the ruts we hooked up my uncles ac400 since he just got there and he seemed to pull it pretty good after a few tugs on it, but the bike was spinning quite a bit but didnt really slow down he pulled it right out onto the field. The cat was steaming pretty good for a bit but thats cuz it was wet in the field and he was driving the **** outta it lol then the bike started to sink and was stuck.

then my dad finally showed up and the bull was still in the bush so we hooked it up onto the canam(bull was about 10 feet behind the cow and atv was on level ground too)and my dad give it one tug and it started to move slowly then i jumped on the front rack and it picked up speed and pulled it out like nothing, not spining whatsoever and it didnt stop til he was out of the bush and we were going about the same speed as the cat but the canam didnt get stuck in the field...it definatly slowed down and was shooting mud like crazy, but we were able to pull it out of the field then onto the railroad track and we loaded it on the truck

by that time the sportsman 500 was winchin out the cat while it was pulling the moose and we got em both on the truck. I guess each bike just could of hooked the winch onto a tree and pulled itself and the moose out of the bush, but we felt like testing out the bikes against eachother and putting our new canam that had about 30 hours on its first workout.

btw all bikes were stock

canam has a movie showing a shootout between like 5 bikes sportsman800,bruteforce750,honda rubicon660, canam 400 and canam 800 you can probably download somewhere.

i guess you could say its pretty biased since its made by canam, but it shows what the canam has for parts and such.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

yeah, yeah, yeah, everybodys bike is the biggest and the baddest, but we all know what brands we see getting towed home the most---and its not Honda.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea i would agree polaris is a tank at 735 lbs mine has tanked on me alot. Its a good quad when it is running.I am speaking from exp. I have an 06 sportsman 500, or I should say had. I now own an 07 honda rincon 700 by far a much better quad 600 miles no problems, and honda does lead in sales as a mater of FACT honda sales more ranchers than all manufactures sales combined.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

i have three bombarder/can-am an traxter max 500 xt and two outlanders an 650 xt and 800 max xt they are the best there is with the rotax engens you need say no more if you still dont think there the best just look at what they make sea-doo ski-doo trains and air planes

Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] That post gave me a headache

Old 02-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

Don't know much about skidoos here in the south but I do know about seadoo's and they are absolutly the BIGGEST POS on the water. I know this from experiance (spelling).

Old 02-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am glad you like your can am , and by the way honda make planes, trains, jet skies ,generators,lawn mowers,motorcycles,forklifts boats and boat engines and a few cars and trucks. check out honda.com if you dont beleave me about the honda jet its on there. honda atv are made in the usa (south carolina ) and yea the worlds most used atv's

Quick Reply: Decisions, decisions... Need your honest opinion!!!