Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Suzuki Quadzilla?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Quadzilla?

I am looking into getting a Suzuki Lt 500 Quadzilla. I'm interested in knowing if one year is a better year than anther. I heard some years have head gasket problems. I'm used to riding a 4 stroke lt230, and have no idea what kind of experience the lt500 2 stoke offers.

I also am currious about the after market and OEM parts for this bike. Am i going to have a hard time locating parts when the bike needs rebuilt?

I would also greatly appreciate any video's, stats, horsepower #'s with mods, etc.

If anyone is looking to sell something in the Ohio area please let me know what you have. I'm just looking for something that is in good mechanical condition, every other aspect I'm open to. I'm looking to get rid of my 86' suzuki lt230S, to step up to something more powerful.

Thanks in advance!
JJ

Old 03-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

I've been told the 87 model is the ones that blows head gaskets.the 87 models have 6 head bolts where as the later models have seven.I believe someone told me you can get this problem fixed but I cant remember who does it.There are some aftermarket parts for the zilla.I've never had any problems finding parts to rebuild the motor.The zilla stock is fast but it is a 2-stroke and you will probably be working on it more than you would your 4-stroke.The zilla has a broad powerband its always ready to blast off whenever you hit the throttle.some other 2-stokes have to have the motor reved high to get into the powerband.I dont know the horsepower but you will be competitive with any stock atv made.Mine will run 80mph.Dont believe all the 100mph stories you hear.good luck.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

also, are there any clubs out there that are specific for the Quadzilla? I've looked but cannot seem to find any...