Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which ATV for food plots

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ATV for food plots

I am in the market for an ATV to use in creating food plots and snow plowing my driveway. I have no idea of which manufacturer and/or engine size I would need. I would love to get some suggestions.
I am leaning towards either Art. Cat or Can AM.
THanks in advance.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Arctic Cat, for Utility purposes. They have the Speedrack, and Speedpoint which is a superior system of attatchments. Also, it has a weight advantage for plowing.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Good suggestion, just keep in mind that a straight axle keeps the same ground clearence when hooked up to trailers and other towed implements, where an independant rear will "sag" more when loaded. But the independants have adjustable shocks for that purpose. I use my KQ for the business also, heavy trailers, plows, discs. Does great, if that was all I used it for though, it would have been an AC. but I ride hard the rest of the week, no harm intended on the brand. A 400 or 500cc atv would work great, Don't really know much about the Can-Ams in "work Mode".

Old 05-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

The can am 400 is a great machine. Shouldn't have much problems either with the cat, they use suzuki motors anyways. (Cann't really say that Artic Cat is bad with out calling Suzuzki bad)

Otherwise a Polaris ATP would be a good choise too. I would check out the Yamaha 450 grizzly though, I think it would be the better choice of all unless you have to go over a 100 miles to own one.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider

The main reason I sujjested the AC is the weight. The North American made bikes are heavy and that is what you want when working, a heavy atv for better traction when pulling hard and a really good low gear. I'm not leaving out Polaris or Can-Am, they are something to look at also. The Jap made atv's are great for trails and General purpose work, but not made with a lot of weight, which makes them faster and more agile but more weight needs to be added when towing earth moving implements. The main reason why I mentioned AC is that it meets all the criteria for "work" and AC has there own brand of implements designed specifically for their product and has very good reveiws of what I've seen. Good Luck.