Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Attention to detail

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention to detail

OK here goes. No harsh flaming please. Sat I went to the Honda dealer and purchsed an 07 400 EX. I am happy with the ATV but not what I realized today. I had my 4 year old son with me (mistake) as I was conducting the transaction so needless to say my attention wasn't where it needed to be. Well after signing all the paperwork and getting home the amount I financed seemed a little high. I crunched the numbers and it seems they over charged me by $500. Yes I should have caught this before signing but my mind was pre-occupied. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I am going in to talk with them tomorrow. My question is if they try and screw me around and not give me the $500 back what are my options? Can I return the ATV? I don't want to but I don't like being screwed over either. Thanks.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

I say hold your ground until you know there is absolutely nothing you can do. If they say no, tell them they can have the whole thing back! They don't want it back! They want to keep it sold. If they won't do it, try taking $500 in parts or gear at their shop. Then you both win, kinda.

Good Luck
Ed Katt

Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

Go back and ask to speak with the finance manager. Do you have any quotes in writing that you can bring ? Most likely they will just cut you a check, just make sure it goes towards your first payment on top of your regular payment.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] !

Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, upon further studying of my paperwork I see where they "got" me. While speaking with the finance department the girl explained a few different finance options. I chose the least of the options. This option covers replacement with the event of theft up to a certain $ amount. Well she failed to mention that it costs $459 and is COMPLETELY optional. I am so irate at myself for not catching this! Lesson learned: be fully involved in what you are doing especially when money is involved. Hopefully they will not be jerks and work with me.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

For half of that money, i will take one for the team and steal something from your quad. lol

Old 11-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I went in and talked with the dealership today. the girl that purposely deceived me was nothing but a liar. Saying she had told me that this was optional when she in fact hadn't. Then when I metioned my freind, who was in the office also, would vouch for what I said she lied to he Finance Manager and said there was no one but me in the office. I looked at her and told her she was a liar and the Manager said "we can pull it up on tape" . Go right ahead and I bet my friend is in the office!! Well they he-hawed around saying it was non-rufundable until I threatened a lawsuit and they finally saw the errors of their ways!! It woulld have been one thing if she had mentioned that this was an add-on benefit and that it cost XXX amount but she didn't and tried to sneak it in there. And then lied several times to cover her own ***. In the end the truth always comes out and I got the money refunded.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I bet she makes a big commission on that theft policy,just like stores who push those rip off extended warranties on home appliances and electronics. Your insurance covers theft would you get payed twice if the ATV was stolen?

Old 11-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Gals to hear you got you money back, and welcome to the forums sceptre. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Kinda went through the same thing buying a truck 3 weeks ago. Was looking over the contract, and kept coming up about 400 dollars over what I thought it should have been. Then I see a security contract that was a 394 dollar charge. Went back about 2 hours after I had signed the paperwork and asked the salesman about the charge.

Of course, he asked if the finance person had explained it to me. Well no, because I didn't finance through you. Well, it was an optional thing that if my truck was stolen would give me X amount of dollars for items in the truck, and money towards a replacement.

So I said, you mean just like the insurance I have to carry on it by law anyway?

Got the charge taken off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the welcome. I am glad you were taken care of also. What I want to know is how someone can sleep at night knowing they are a liar and a cheat? I'm just glad I was raised better than that.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Good for you Sceptre!!

Quick Reply: Attention to detail