Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

what is the best trail fourwheeler that there is?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default what is the best trail fourwheeler that there is?

Garman,
he asked which quad was the best, not which one was "plenty fast enough". I answered his question. If you've got a different answer, lets hear it.

And not only do I not sell Yamaha's, I don't even buy them anymore, for the exact reasons <u>you</u> said in your post. For the last 10 years the best dealer in our town was the Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer. They easily blew away all other dealers in customer service, quality of their service dept., standing up for their customers on warranty claims, and any other aspect of ATVing you care to mention. But in the last year the owner sold his dealership, and that owner has since sold it again. The new dealership is not even in the same league as the old dealership, and personal service is now a thing of the past. To tell the truth, I haven't even thought about where I'll buy my next ATV, or what it will be. Luckily I don't have to worry about it right away, because the Grizzlys have 5 year warranties on them. Maybe I'll buy the new Honda 1250cc Rincon by that time.

Old 03-24-2008 | 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

garman351 rides a Honda and is in a bad mood because he just found out how outdated his ride is and how it can't run with other brands 500s.</end quote></div>

hahahah [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2008 | 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

The grizz 700 is a very comfortable quad, and has more than enough power...but it is a little to large for the trails I ride, and the type of riding I do. I like a little smaller quad that I can toss around, and throw sideways a little easier. The wolverine 450 is the ultimate trail quad in my opinion...it is not quite as fast as the sport quads, but it will go places they can't dream of. It doesn't have the raw power of the big bore utes, or quite the 4x4 capabilities ( no locking front diff, and not as much ground clearance) but it will walk away from them on the tighter trails, and I feel a lot more confident jumping the wolverine than I would on a larger quad.

I looked at every make and model before I bought mine...the sport quads didn't have enough capability for the harder trails around here, and the big utes were just too big and heavy...so the wolverine was the perfect combination in my eyes.

Old 03-25-2008 | 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

All round? I'm going to say the Honda 300 ex for the best "all round" trail bike.

Old 03-25-2008 | 12:50 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: zorro700

All round? I'm going to say the Honda 300 ex for the best "all round" trail bike.</end quote></div>

I seen the guys video links and where he rides,he would not get to far with a 2wd sport ATV.

Old 03-26-2008 | 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Oh. I didn't check out where he rides but, "all round" was the question. That's the problem with vague questions like this. The best quad for upstate New York or Michigan, or Montana is going to be a WAY different machine than the best trail quad for Arizona, Nevada, and Southern CA.

Old 03-26-2008 | 05:03 PM
|
Trailblazer

ok
then what would be a good machine from where i ride?
my dad owns 700 acres of farm land with every type of trail
muddy trails, dust trail's,tight woods trails, and just reguler trails
look at my videos to see

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

watch some of the wolverine 450 videos on youtube...they are very capable offeoad, and are a blast on any type of trails.

Old 03-27-2008 | 03:59 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

If you want to be sporty and not getting stuck and bothering about a chain flying off, then look at a 450 Wolverine.

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

i'd go with the sportsman 500efi.all the big boy toys and features with less gas used

Quick Reply: what is the best trail fourwheeler that there is?