Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

HI BIRD ATV Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HI BIRD ATV Review

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: martin1974

hey whats up i see you hgave bought the hi-bird 250,,, i wanted to ask you about a problem im having. after about 3 min of running the bike starts to spit oil out of a tube that comes off the motor.. the tube is black and it has like a bottle on it with a hole on to of it. it looks like some goes into it but i dont know what,,,,,,,,or is it a breather and if so why is it spiting oil</end quote></div>

&gt;I bought that Hi-Bird I was talking about for $500. I finally had a chance to go out and give it a good ride last Sunday for about 3 hours. With a little carb tuning, I got it running really well. I beat the heck out of it and it ran like hell.
&gt;I see the thing you are talking about in your post, Its not connected to anything on my bike either. BUT, I didn't notice any oil coming out of it. I assumed it was some kind of breather too. Does anyone else know what that thing is?
&gt;I'd check and make sure you don't have a bit too much oil in the crank case. If it's getting things all messy, I don't see why you couldn't put a rubber hose long enough so it would drain down on the ground. Still, It doesn't seem like a whole lotta oil SHOULD be coming out. It could be a problem in the works. I wonder if it's a one way breather meant to let air into, or out of, the crank case and it's stuck open, letting oil escape.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HI BIRD ATV Review

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ascottharris
All in all, this ATV is a great value - and I'd do it again.</end quote></div>

For a beginner they might be fine for about the first 6 months, but as your skill increases they become dangerous.

Ride it easy because you don't want to be pushing it's limits WHEN something breaks.