Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

what atv to buy to beat a banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what atv to buy to beat a banshee?

Hi,

i recently bought my first atv (05 banshee), iam now looking to buy a second one. Iam tired of listening to my friends talk about their banshees and how fast they are. I was thinking that a raptor would do the job but iam not sure.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

maybe a raptor or yfz450 totaly bored out?
that should do the job

Old 05-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

is there any quad that can beat it with out having to modify it?

Old 05-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

The fastest high performance quad in a magazine shootout this summer was the KTM 525. So if you don't want to modify it, and you want it to be the fastest, thats the one you need to get. They didn't race it against a Banshee though, just against the other Polaris 525s and all of the 450s and the Raptor 700.

And if you do decide to mod the KTM 525 they already have big bore stroker motors for it that put it over 600cc. You can even buy a 575cc big bore stroker from kit with all OEM parts from your KTM dealer.

DV

Old 05-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

if you want to drag out a fourstroke the raptor 700 is king. and if you want to be the fastest (or even close) you are not stock. you throw on some monster dual, pc3 and the new fci intake that is coming out bye bye ktm 525. and if you and if you want to talk big bore the ktm will not even have a chance. i whould like to see any fourstroke beat a 15mm stroker rocket factory build or a Kenz 813 methanol build. the only thing that will give them a run is a worked and i mean worked 450. like a 535cc dragster YFZ running on Alky

Old 05-17-2008, 03:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the reply, i havent heard much about ktm so iam leaning more towards the raptor. Is it safe to say that a raptor 700 stocked can take out a stocked banshee? and how would you compare the stability and dependability of a raptor to a banshee? One more thing, some of my partners do have tricked out banshees. Can a raptor 700 be tricked out as much as a banshee if not more? thanks for the help.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

on the very high end the shee will win. it is still the best all the way modded out drag quad out there. as far as stock to stock the raptor is faster and way more stable and very reliable. but im sure you will be able to trick out the raptor to beat your friends shee. like i said unless he has a nice cub stroker shee. it is very easy to get the raptor up to 70 hp and a ton of torque. and some raptors are now making over 100hp.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing about the Shee, is that it has a very dated frame/suspension design! For sure it has a thrilling powerband, but in a race all you have to do is throw a few turns in there and the Shee is really going to suffer compared to any of the modern 4-strokes! It's a muscle car....it goes fast in a straight line...but that's all it's good for.....

Old 05-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

The thing about the Shee, is that it has a very dated frame/suspension design! For sure it has a thrilling powerband, but in a race all you have to do is throw a few turns in there and the Shee is really going to suffer compared to any of the modern 4-strokes! It's a muscle car....it goes fast in a straight line...but that's all it's good for.....</end quote></div>

+1. i have not found a shee that handled like my raptor sence i got aftermarket suspestion (exp sence i got motowoz shocks) and i could not even think of how good a 450 feels with good aftermarket suspestion.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

is it only the 700 raptor, or will a 660 do?

Quick Reply: what atv to buy to beat a banshee?