Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

I need Help!!! Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Here Recently i was asked to be a part of a beginers racing team for Quad Racing, because they considered me to be a prety good rider for the fact that i havent rode in about 6 months hopped on one and could do every bit they could and they were experienced(it was a 97 300ex just for info). Any way to the point, my Mom and Dad are Afraid i will get hurt on one. And they won't even let me buy on with my own money. What i need is for you all to help me with how i can convince them to let me get a Four Wheeler (quad) and be on a good ol' boys racing team. Soem facts on injuries ( if they are good ) good points on carreas(sp?) and othe things. Your help is Greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Old 05-01-2001, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Try to talk them into letting you buy a crotch-rocket or something along those lines, (obviously it wont happen, but) after a while of them listening to you yap about that mabe a wheeler wont sound so bad?? anyways.. worth a try... Good luck

Old 05-05-2001, 08:45 AM
Trailblazer

Just keep on telling them how much you love to ride.Maybe you can just get a fourwheeler and convince them to let you race later.

Old 05-05-2001, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

Well thats anothe rpart of the problem they wont even let me have a racing fourwheeler

Old 05-06-2001, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

Hey your parents shouldnt be worried my 15 year old friend just got A 400ex (2001) the thing is he wieghs 100 pounds and he is a stick boy. Another factor is how long you have been riding if you have been riding for about 3 or 4 years your parents have nothing to worry about.

Old 05-06-2001, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

hey i have been riding since i was 10. but i quit at about 14 and missed about a year and then been riding other people's quads for the past year. I have only had one wreck my entire life too. Im actually a pretty good rider. But i need a little more help.

Old 05-09-2001, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

you may have only wrecked once in your life time but belive it or not its when you wreck is when you get better you dont really know your gonna wreck but first you grow some ***** then you look at a jump and you say to yourself i ant going to make it then you say ƒuck it and jump it anyway i broke alot of bones and now im am one of the best riders in my county im only 15 years old and weigh about 130lbs and been riding since i was 4 and now i have 3 suzuki lt230s fourwheeler i tell you what its prolly one of the best quads to start out on and stick with for a couple of years because it is awsome for trails and its pretty fast for a 230 mine goes about 70 in a drag race with my friends blaster and it has a **** load of power behind it the only problem is they stoped makeing them so your going to have trouble finding one but alot of people have them so it shouldnt be that hard.
good luck,
owen87