Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Sundiro Sunray 90

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001 | 01:13 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

I found a Sundiro Sunray 90 (new) for less than $1400 delivered. Anyone out there had experience with this quad. Its for my 8 & 11 year olds. We will do mostly trail riding. I was told this quad is similar to the Eton.

Old 09-18-2001 | 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

I pretty much know all about all of the newer minis. The Sundiro is very much like the Eton, Aeon, Polairs, Blazer and Kasea. For the money, the Kasea is by far the superior atv for kids. Compared to all the others, it has a real chrome axle (set up identical to the Blaster), it is the only mini atv with real rebound dampening shocks and adjustable compression settings on the springs. It has a 60 watt lighting coil already fully wired. It is the only mini besides the LT80 with a real rear foot brake and it is rated very high by the atv mags. There is a good article on it in this month's Dirt Wheels Mag (pg 168).

I have developed some great performance parts for all of the new minis in case you want to build it later. My son races the Kasea and usually finishes about a minute ahead of the other guys.

Old 09-18-2001 | 09:12 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

How are these 90s on the trails?

Can they make it through moderate brooks and up small hills? How is the clearance? We do not have an open track in the back yard. Any open area id through the trails. I also read about the lack of engine braking. Is there anything to this?

I have 8 & 11 year old boys. we recently bought a 250ex and they do ok with it. But we need anouther. I cant decide whether to get a 400ex for myself or a 90 for them.

I'm leaning toward being safe. The 250 can really propell their little bodies. I limit the 8 year old to second gear but i'm afaid to turn my back on him.

Old 09-19-2001 | 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Read the Dirt Wheels article -- but remember, that is a bone stock atv.

These atv's are great on trails and, once you mod the intake (I made a manifold that puts the carb on top of the engine) and put a longer vent hose to the transmission, water is not an issue.

I don't know what these guys are talking about -- no engine braking. If you start out on a roll down a hill, the engine will not engine brake until you touch the throttle for a second.