Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

which atv should i get

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which atv should i get i am choosing from the yamaha banshee, the yamaha raptor, the honda 400ex, or the suzuki lt-400. tell me the pros and the cons of each one.

Old 01-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of riding do you do? How much money do you have to spend? What do your riding partners ride? They are all good quads that have their strong and weak points. The Banshee is a blast to ride, but it requires the most work to ride fast due to the on-off nature of the motor and the outdated chassis. The Raptor has a great motor, but is a little tippy due to its higher center of gravity. The 400EX has a good chassis and handling, but is a little underpowered. The new Suzuki is an unknown at this point. Reports have it sounding like a quad that handles like a 400EX with the power of a Raptor. But how much of that do you believe? Also, I am the type of person that prefers to stay away from 1st year models. Remember that there are plenty of parts available to change the characteristics of a quad to suite your needs, it just depends on what you want to spend.