CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

DS650 transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DS650 transmission question

First off sir, let me be one of the first Thank you for even taken the time out to pay attention to use people of offroad adventures. God Bless you on having the know how, and wheeling to help us all out knowing if we would go to the ATV mechanics first. We couldn't stand a chance.

Know prepare for the question......

My DS720, and yeah I know I should have got the 730 and I'm still kicking my self for it today, although no problems still should have mad the mechanic make that jump, but never the less my bike is in the shop now, and the first gear went out, well thats what the mechanic say. It went in fine before what I thought was the clutch that was going out. when I brought it Iv'e always knew something was wrong it always gave me hard times going in nuetral, but it would eventually go in.

Long story short; It's in the shop, and it's $600 just for the labor alone. I was thinking How much more would it cost for a complete rebuild from stock to stock, Or would it be around the same price, having it upgraded, and if so can you help me find the right store, or even a Email address.

My mechanic shop wants to recomended Ron Woods Transmission works, but I have never heard of that. what do you recomend?

Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My trans went out for sure

I don't know if any one was paying attention to any of my treads, but I'm just trying to show everyone What to exspect sooner, or later.

My transmission started out with just needing a clutch, and I had to shift into second gear just to make it move
I quickly found out that a Shift Pin slid down in first gear, and causing the first gear not to work. this only happend when a diffrent mechanic put the clutch in. Know I just learned that I had 2 gear One costing around $150-$200, and the other is $130 plus the shift fork is bent. I with race with it yet, but that time has come. I have alot of money into it so I'm going to enjoy it when It's done. I missed Glamis Thanks Giving, but Chrismas, and new yers is a done deal. Thanks for going threw this with me.