CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

fan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fan?

yeah had a question, picked up a ds650 about a month ago, had a few questions, first, what is the stock main jet size? i ride 5-10kft any suggestions on a jet size?, it seems bone stock. as is it runs fine at 5k, fixin to go up to 10k this weekend, well see how it does. second, im not sure if the fan is working, does it need to be on it? i wonder if i should take it off, or replace it?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

if it starts running a lttle lean just adjust the air fuel mixture screw and the fan you need runn it till it gets to running temp be a little hard on it so the motor gets hot and make sure its kicking in and not over heating if not working its usually the sencer and best thing to do it run wire directly from battery to a toggle switch then to fan and it wont hurt it running when ever the quad is running

Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Unhook the two wires from the sensor and jump them with the key on. Fan should come on at that point. You also have a fuse under the seat that controls the fan. Lots of parts available on ebay if it does end up being a bad sensor.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

so yeah was at walden sand dunes this weekend, and yeah it does need a fan, was overheating pretty fast, fans seem to run about 120+ seems overpriced for a little plastic fan? also, im used to riding my 2 stroke, but the tranny on the ds seems like crap, like it takes it a second to engage? it would pop out in neutral between 2-3? is there somthing wrong here? i was excited about getting a ds, but now i kinda wish i would have waited for somthing else